Chapter 18- Today Is The Last Day For Us To Be Happy

Rin pressed the bell twice. "What the hell is happening?!" she said, but she accidentally pushed the gate open without knowing it was supposed to be locked. "Ah... why is this gate open?" she wondered. "It might mean that uncle and auntie are dead! No way!" She ran to the front door, but it was already open.

"Ah!" She jumped when she saw Akemi

"Neechan? " she asked. Akemi was panting and her eyes were red with tears.

"Hm.." Rin said, eyeing Akemi. "Uhm... did you... cry?" she asked gently.

"No of course not! Why would your neechan cry?" Akemi said, like she was forcing herself to smile.

Rin stepped inside the house. She saw Shiho, who also had a sad expression and red, glistening eyes from crying.

Rin's eyes widened. She realized what that meant: "I knew it..." she thought to herself.

"The auntie and uncle are dead. I'm late... "

"By the way, rin were sorry that will didn't visit you to the hospital"

"It's alright, neechan." Rin said softly.
Then, Akemi said, "Why don't you sit? I'll prepare the food. I have something important to say too..."

Rin raised an eyebrow, wondering what that "something important" could be.

Then Shiho spoke, "Rin... if we are separated, are you going to forget us?"

"Uh... Of course I won't, But why are you telling me  this all of sudden? are you leaving that's why?" Rin asked as akemi hold Rin hand

"Neechan and I is going to America," she said.

Rin sat there, quiet, not sure what to say or think.

"I know we're going separate, just like this... but why do I feel sad?" Rin asked herself.

And rin finally spoke with sad tone" How come we promised that we're going watch every season? " rin added as she clench her fist

"Don't worry. We'll watch it together as promised, but it's going to take a long time. Can you wait for us?" she said, smiling gently.

"We're going back..." Shiho said, and Rin nodded. "Then... okay. I'm going to wait till then. Promise me you'll meet me in the future."

"Of course, Rin! " Akemi said, still smiling with her eyes starting to water again.

"Tomorrow morning, dad and mom found a job there, so we're going to study there..." she said.

'Lie... ' Rin thought, realizing that this was a lie. Akemi and Shiho's parents had died and she knew that they were suffering from their grief.

"But we have time to bond together... talk... eat together..." she said softly. "So I want to spend this day with you."

Akemi said, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I want to be with you too," Shiho said.

Rin smiled, the sadness in her heart melting away. "Of course, I want to," she said, and her face brightened

Akemi taught them how to bake cookies, which they ate happily. They spent the day playing video games and watching movies together, enjoying the time spent together.

Rin realized this was her first time having a friend like this, one that truly valued time spent together. She felt a rush of sadness, knowing their time together was coming to and end, but also a surge of joy because they were creating unforgettable memories together today.

Rin didn't know how to express her feelings, so she decided to request a photo. "Neechan," she said, "should we take a picture?"

"That's a good idea," Shiho smiled.

"Ah... I have camera in my room," Akemi. said, getting up. "Wait there, okay?"

"Hai," they both said, and Akemi walked away while Rin sat beside Shiho.

"Shiho-chan..." Rin called, and Shiho looked up at her.

"Be strong and don't ever give up..." she said.

"Huh?" she replied innocently.

"I mean, I promise that I will protect Neechan and you," Rin continued, smiling and holding her gaze.

"Then I promise, if we meet early, I want to be with you and be friends with you again and create many memories. .. and I want to go to the same school like you," shiho said, gently smiling at her in return.

"Uh... Why?" Rin asked, confused.

"Because, Rin, you are my first friend and best friend, no... you are like a younger sister to me." Shiho smiled at her for the first time.

"I love you as a younger sister," she said softly.

Rin could feel the heat in her face rise and smiled softly, touched by how much her friend cared about her. "Uh... I like you more! You're my first friend that I've met in this world... I will always cherish you like Neechan."

"So, Shiho, don't forget me and be my friend again in 10 years! Let's create a lot of great memories together with Neechan. Let's go to the beach. Let's watch the spring flowers together again!"

"Yes, let's do that," Shiho said, still smiling through her tears.

Then they looked up as they heard Akemi calling. "Rin, Shiho! Should we take a picture now?"

Akemi stood there with the camera, all set to take a picture of the three of them. They stood side-by-side, arms wrapped around each other, smiling in anticipation of the picture that would capture this memorable moment. Rin felt the warmth in her heart and turned to look at Shiho, who was also filled with a sense of warmth and joy as they realized that this was going to be their last moment together.

Akemi took the picture, and then the three friends stood close together, holding hands and looking forward to a bright future filled with love and joy.

.
.
.
.
.
.
To Be Continued~
.................................................................................