Chapter 19 - Meet Shuichi Akai

After Few Months later~

"Uh, so hot..." Rin mutter, lying on the floor with an electric fan blowing air directly onto her. "Neechan... it's because it's summer that it's so hot."

She then mumbled, 'I know... I like summer because we have a summer break, but I hate summer because it's really hot when it's summer...'

Ran also reminded her, "Neechan, don't forget to pack up for tomorrow!"

"Tomorrow?" Rin muttered, her face blank. Ran became annoyed at her blank expression, yelling, "Neechan, don't tell me you forgot!"

Rin seemed genuinely shocked, and quickly responded, "It's just a joke, Ran. Of course I didn't forget. We're going to the beach."

"Are you sure, Neechan?" Ran asked, her face turning red. "Of course, Ran-chan. I'm going to pack now, so let's pack clothes together.

'Auntie Yukiko. She invited all of us to go to the beach with her with Shinichi.'

Hours later~

Hours later, finally, the packing was done. It was time to take a nap. Rin jumped onto her bed, smiling. "Oh, I'm so bored" she said. "I don't know what to do with my life... let's see, what's a good job for a homebody? Eating and staying in bed at home?"

She sat and thought about different jobs, but she realized the one she wanted most was a quiet life. A place where she could just relax and enjoy her own company.

///

Beach Day

I was walking along the beach, bored out of my mind. It would be so great if Akemi and Shiho were here with me, and my sister Ran.

As I was exploring the beach, I saw a man bullying Shinichi and Ran. "Oh..." I thought. I pull out my camera that mom gifted to me, and smiled.

"Say cheese, you bastard" I shouted, flashing him a creepy smile, and taking a picture of him. He seemed scared, as if he knew what would happen to him if I sent these images to the police.

 " I wonder what will happend if I send this to police, don't you know that bullying a child will sentenced many years in jail,"

"Why you!" the man shouted, as he attacked me. I avoided his attack and hid my camera. I kicked the man and tried to protect Ran and Shinichi by holding them close with me.

"Run!" I shouted, and we ran away from the man. We stopped behind a swimsuit store, and I was sweating a lot from adrenaline.

""Neechan, are you alright? It's Shinichi's fault he keep playing holmes" Ran said, teasing.

"I'm not playing, it's my training to become a great detective" Shinichi replied, also teasing.

I wiped my sweat from my forehead and sighed. "Guys, you need to think carefully. Your actions have consequences, and you could get in trouble. We're still 7 years old and need to enjoy our childhood, so stop arguing about this," I said, gently reprimanding them.

""I'm sorry" Shinichi said

"Sorry, Neechan," Ran responded, also sad.

"It's okay, but I want you to promise me that you won't do it again, okay?" I said, and they both nodded.

"Rin!!" Shinichi said excitedly, pointing at the man he's talking about. "That guys is suspicious"

Both Ran and I ran with him to the man. "Oh come on," I thought, annoyed.

'"That guy is familiar..." I thought, with curiosity. I looked at the man, trying to remember where I had seen him before.

"What's suspicious about him?" I asked, turning to Shinichi and Ran. Shinichi started explaining, and I giggled as he tried to explain his deduction.

Ran laughed with me, and after Shinichi finished, we all laughed together, enjoying the moment.

The man laughed very hard at Shinichi's deduction.

I suddenly realized where I had seen the man before. 'Wait, I know this episode. This is Shuichi Akai!" I thought, with sparkling eyes. "So that's why Akemi-neechan fell in love with Shuichi. He's so handsome...'

I turned my gaze towards Shinichi and commented, "Ba~ka shinichi! Not all travelers are from the circus. Think carefully. Also, not all men with makeup have bruises under their left eyes. Look closely and you'll find bruises..."?

"that's right I got my bruises from my violent mother" he explained. "I've traveled to three countries, but I'm not part of a circus."

"Yeah, would that make everyone who likes to travel part of the circus?" I said, giggling.

"Ah, right" Shinichi agreed. "I'm impressed that you two noticed the mark left by the accordion, but I got this playing request for customers at a bar, and I make money doing it," he said.

"It's that so..." Shinichi was a bit surprised.

"Then who are you kids?" the man asked.

"I'm Kudo Shinichi, I'm Sherlock Holmes's apprentice!" Shinichi said, sweat dripping down his face.

"I see. What about you?" the man turned to me.

"Oh... I'm rin Mori and this is my sister Ran Mori." I said, following by us bowing as a greeting.

"Could you play with my sister? She's looking to make some friends too. Can you?" Shuichi asked, and Shinichi replied, " Sure!"

"Why not? Let's play now!" Ran and I nodded. "Really?" Masumi, shuichi younger sister, smiled.

"I'm Rin," I said, taking her hand and smiling. "Nice to meet you." Ran then stepped forward and toom Masumi's hand as well, saying, "I'm Ran. Nice to meet you, too."

"I'm Masumi--" Masumi's words were cut off by the sight of vehicles crashing into the guardrail and falling into the sea.

Ah! This episode is...how could I forget the accident in this episode!

To Be Continued.