Chapter 2

A/N : I am putting this into notice here again. This is a Dark book with Hoseok's character being very dark. So please read the triggers before proceeding with the book.

I will not be putting tw in chapters as I have already said it in the Introduction. Negative immature comments are unwelcome after you have read the triggers and know what to expect. You know this is not a "light" hero so don't exclaim "Fck him!" "WTF?" "Seriously?" or comments along those lines.

That being said, please enjoy.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Aaya abruptly let go of the stick and took several steps back.

The leaves immediately covered up the person as it was no longer being kept held down. With her heart racing crazily at the vicious look from the person, Aaya was shaken to her core. One simple connection between them was capable of achieving this.

And the emotions glimpsed in him?

That wasn't hatred. There wasn't even a bit of hatred or evil in his gaze.

No, it was just pure intent to kill. Indifferently.

Which was worse.

Other than that, another emotion had been blazing from every inch of his expression. Determination.

Aaya barely got a hold of herself when the walking stick held by the person was accurately launched at her with the lethal attack resembling a spear.Surprised, Aaya dodged it as quick as she could, but the stick still painfully slammed against her arm and then clattered heavily on the ground.

The power behind that throw was enormous, Aaya habitually suppressed her cry of pain and fell down on the ground, her other arm going to cover the throbbing flesh. She still bit her lip hard and felt the place where the stick had struck, trying to determine if her bone was broken or not.

Even through the sudden pain, she was relieved to note that the wound had only injured her skin and flesh, not her bone.

While dealing with her own state, Aaya still did not miss the sudden indrawn breath and audible grunt of pain from the man after launching the attack.

That had cost him. The offensive he had thrown her had hurt him too. Or rather, he was in an extremely poor state, that any effort other than breathing would cause him pain.

Mesmerised as she had been with his dark eyes, Aaya had still taken in the rest of his body which had been revealed for those few seconds. She had been assisting the village physician enough times over the years in treating battle wounded soldiers, that she could swiftly take in the condition of someone in one glance.

What that glance had revealed, was grave indeed.

The man was wearing the colours protective vambraces indicative of their Kingdom. He was a soldier of her land. But his clothes were hardly whole.

Every surface of his body had torn uniform, crusted blood hardening the material. There were slashes and cuts littering his chest and torso. Two particularly long slashes and one stab wound had seemed to be serious. Hardened blood coated his forehead and side of his face while his black hair stuck on his neck with crusty crimson colour.

The wounds were at least few days old.

And significantly alarming.

How was the man conscious? More than that, how did that man have the strength to not only pull against a human's weight in a tug with a wooden stick but also launch it as an attack with this amount of power?