Chapter 19

Months slowly passed away, and Anya blossomed with Hoseok.

She never knew she could experience such happiness. She never knew could experience so much love.

Everyday of her life started with a smile even before she opened her eyes for everyday, she would wake up in his arms. Even in his sleep, Hoseok clutched her to himself tightly. Sometimes her head would be resting on his shoulder, her arms around his torso, their legs entwined as he held her. Sometimes she would find herself enveloped by his body from the back.

His scent ingrained itself in her skin, his husky sleepy voice, her most cherished sound in the world.

Never would he simply allow her to leave.

"Should I not be offering myself to my Goddess in the morning?" he would playfully tease her as he would play with her body, his hands caressing her curves as he rained kisses down her neck.

Anya would giggle, "Gazelle or Goddess? Both are too extreme General!"

"Hmmm." He hummed as he would use those clever fingers to incite her lust, "both seems appropriate for you."

He loved making her moan when he would make lazy love to her.

When she would complain about his marks, he would lazily smile while kissing her deeply, "I'll mark you for the world to see. They'll know you belong to me."

Her General was very possessive. But it was a possessiveness that she loved. He was hers.

The days would pass with her helping him with the accounts, him accompanying her as she made the medicines.

Times when she would be busy, he would talk to Nana or teach Tang in front of her. Or take her to the small house where he trained with his men.

Later, he would chase after her, dragging her to the arena, teaching her how to use the dagger he had given. Most of those times, he would love to inappropriately hold her close rather than teach.

"All you are teaching me is how to hug my enemy!" she would exclaim.

Innocently, he would calmly reply, "You are a novice. In this stage, its natural you cant avoid me. Practice to get better-"

"Do you train your soldiers by hugging them?"

In a move too fast for her to notice, Hoseok tripped her, then scooped her up, pressing a lingering soft kiss on her mouth, "No, that treatment is only for the woman I love."

Hoseok had had a swing made on the sturdy branches of the Ginkgo tree, where every evening he would push her, talking to her about anything he fancied, treasuring the time where only the two of them would be present.

Nana, the maids would smile, admiring the sight of the stone faced elegant General, watching with softened eyes as he pushed the delicate beauty on the swing, cherishing the sounds of her laughter.

No one would ever disturb them. Since little Tang was the only male allowed in the section where Anya resided, this side of the General was never witnessed even by his men.

Sometimes, they would take walks along the spread gardens, taking in the beautiful sky filled with chirping birds.

"I am fortunate you chose that day to come and collect your herbs." Hoseok said one day on one such walks, "A day later, and I would be dead."

"Don't!" Anya had stooped him. Smiling, Hoseok had taken her hands to place a kiss on them, "The thought of death does not bother me. The thought of missing to know you does. I cannot imagine a time, where you are alive, but I am not there to protect you, touch you."