𝟎𝟏.

𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃
they didn't know when he would come back. Or even if he would come back. But a week later Edward decided he could control himself and came home.

Cora was ecstatic when she found him in his bedroom. She had thought he abandoned her and Edward couldn't help but feel guilty towards his little sister.
"I'm sorry." He apologized, pulling her into an embrace.
Cora smiles softly. "I know."

The next day at school was tense.
"It's going to be okay." Alice breathed. They all entered the cafeteria and Cora could already tell that Edward was beyond irritated with Alice.
"Of course, it is," Edward grumbled. "Chill out, Edweirdo." Edward was so close to snapping at all of them, but they were just trying to help and he knew that.

"She's not here yet. But the way she's going to come in... she won't be downwind if we sit in our regular spot." Cora groans. Now she's slightly irritated.
"I'm sure Edward will be fine."
"I'll be absolutely fine," Edward confirms. While they sit in their spots Cora glances at them before turning on her heel and heading to the car.

"Where is she going?" Emmett wonders, squinting at her retreating form. "She's finding us rather annoying and is going to sit in her car."

Cora walks towards her black 2005 Porsche Boxster, slightly excited that she's finally getting a chance to test out the car stereo.
She had only just gotten her car a few days ago and had already fallen in love with it.
Cora takes a seat in her car, shutting the door and pressing a few buttons on the console.

Peace !

Edward stands outside of her car, smirking to himself at her horrible singing.
"SITTING PRETTY UPTIGHTLY!
The knots, keep you at my side,
upstairs in corners! Eye's blink for the crawl...." Cora's singing voice fades as she snaps her head to look out the window. Edward's smirk only grows and she scowls at him, jumping out of her car and slinging her backpack over her shoulder.
"Class." Cora ignores him, walking past him and through the building doors.

"Have fun with your little snack!" Cora shouts at him before turning through the halls, looking for gym. Cora hated gym. It was her least favorite class even though she never got tired.
It was just so boring. What's the point of playing dodgeball when you can't even headshot them?
So instead of going to gym, Cora decides to make her way back to the parking and head home.

Why'd I even walk over here?

The bell rang, indicating classes have started.
She turns a corner and is met with a teacher that stares down at her. "Do you have a hall pass?" Cora hides her scowl, only 'wincing' in pain and gripping her stomach.
"The coach said I didn't need one. I'm heading to the nurse." The lady nods. "I'll walk you there."
Fuck

Cora nods, walking a bit behind her but making her footsteps loud. Cora knows there's no camera in this school nor is there anyone wandering the halls. So within a second, Cora has already sped into the parking lot and hopped into her car.
Cora drives for a moment before bursting out in laughter and driving home.

Esme can hear her car pull up and watches as Cora exits the vehicle. "Cora, did something happen?"
"No. I just didn't want to do gym.." Esme gives her a scolding look and Cora rolls her eyes playfully.

"It's not like I can even work out to my full potential anyways." Cora places a kiss on her cheek before walking past her and into the house. "I'll be in my room, Esme. There's this book I bought yesterday and I haven't had the chance to read it." Esme smiles at her daughter before heading towards Carlisle's study.

Cora runs into her room, plopping down onto her loveseat and opening the novel. She's a vampire, there's nothing she can do but read and listen to music.
Within 10 minutes Cora has finished the story, tossing it down onto the pile of books that reside on her end table. Cora frowns. She has all of the money she could ever want. She's visited every place she's ever wanted to. She's experienced more than an average human does in their short lifespan.
What more can I do?

That thought lingers with her all day as she presses keys on the piano. The music echoes through the large home. The song is sorrowful and lonely.
(somewhere in between by Jacob LaVellee)
Cora has gotten rather bored of this immortal life and she hasn't even lived as long as everyone else.
Suddenly her phone starts ringing. She checks the time before answering.
"Mr. Edward Cullen over here just saved Bella from getting hit by a car! Now she suspects that we aren't humans." Rosalie growls through the phone, and Cora is astonished.

"Why would Edward save a human—" Her heart drops as she hangs up the phone.
He's found his mate
There is no other explanation. He feels a pull to her, he told Cora when he got back from Alaska, and now she understands.

He's found his mate and now I'm the biggest third wheel anyones ever seen.

It'll be like the rest of the family. Everyone will be busy with their mates. She liked not being the only one without their soulmate, but she can't say that she isn't happy for Edward. She is truly and deeply happy for him, excited even.

But what about me?

a/n: okay cora is only a little jealous that everyone but her has found their mates

that everyone but her has found their
mates. it's almost like you'll have to
wait until new moon to see your mate
cora, sorry! 🤪
I ALSO JUST COULDNT WAIT UNTIL
NEXT WEEK TO PUBLISH THIS
CHAPTER, SO HERE!!

written: 5/2/2022