𝟏𝟏.

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 Forks, Washington. The Cullens have all just moved back after Alice had a scary vision. Apparently, Bella had killed herself and Cora was feeling more than just guilt.

Her heart stopped when she heard the news. That one of her closet friends had jumped off a cliff. Cora should have blamed Edward, he was the one who made them leave. But Cora had agreed to leave. Maybe her talk with Bella before she left wasn't the best idea. Maybe that had driven her to suicide.

Alice hadn't told Edward yet, and Cora understood why. He would try to kill himself. Probably steal Cora's idea and have the Volturi kill him. Of course, they wouldn't kill him, he had a special ability. They didn't know of Cora though, she hadn't been around long enough.

But when Alice jumped into the car to visit Charlie's, Cora couldn't help but plop into the passenger seat.
The ride was silent. A tense silence. Alice felt guilty, they all did. Honestly, it was somewhat all of their faults but each one of them blamed themselves. Beside Rosalie, she didn't really care that much. It was sad to her but it wasn't life or death. It wasn't guilt.

They arrived at Bella's and they couldn't find a key so they just broke the lock and walked into the house, taking a seat on the couch.

The air was still. Cora rose from her seat on the couch and sped up the stairs and into Bella's bedroom. Honestly, it was a mess. The bedding was unwashed and soiled. More dust than usual coating her books. Her heart quenching as she sat down at her computer and read the emails that didn't deliver. Though one stood out.

to: cordelia@me.com
from: bella.wa@me.com

Dear Cora, I am so sorry. I can see that you were only trying to help ease my suffering and you did. Thank you, for telling me what really happened. I'm sorry I kicked you out and I know you'll feel the guilt for what happened at the party. You helped ease my mind and made me know that you guys didn't leave me behind but more left to protect me. But next time, if we ever see each other again, let me make my own decisions. It isn't fair for a bunch of vampires to be deciding what's best and what's not for me.
Love you, Isabella.

Cora smiles. She had finally signed using Isabella and maybe even accepted that Cora is still going to call her that. Her guilt and regret has been eased.
Her dead heart stops when she smells an all too familiar scent enter the house and hears the familiar voice.
Cora speeds down the stairs and her mouth falls agape. When Bella pulls away Cora has already pulled her into the biggest hug possible. "I'm so sorry." Cora mumbles.
But she pulls away and points a finger at Bella accusingly.
"Would you like to explain to us how you're even alive?!" Cora exclaims.
"What?"
Alice's eyes are still wide as she speaks.
"I saw a vision of you. You jumped off a cliff!" It goes quiet for a moment and Cora can practically see the realization on Bella's face.
"Why in the hell would you try to kill yourself?"
"What about Charlie? And your friends, and your mother—" Isabella cuts her off.
"I didn't try to kill myself. I was cliff jumping, recreationally. It was fun." Cora squints at her. "So now you're an adrenaline junkie?" Bella rolls her eyes, guiding the two towards the couch and getting a cup of coffee for herself.
I wish I could drink coffee.

Cora snatches the cup out of her hand, taking a few sips and smiling as the warm liquid slides down her throat.
"I have never met anyone more prone to life threatening idiocy." It goes quiet.
"Does.. Did you — Did you tell him—"
"No." Alice shakes her head.
"Couldn't even if we wanted to. He only calls in every few months. He said he wants to be alone, and leave us alone as well, apparently." Cora mumbles, a sad expression on her face.