𝟏𝟓.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄, a small smirk on Jane's lips as she stares Cora down.
"What?" Alec smirks to himself, motioning for Cora to sit down. Hesitantly, Cora takes a seat, Felix and Demetri following.
"Your little clan must have caused some trouble while you were gone." The brunette girl raises a brow, crossing her arms and leaning back into her seat.

"What are you talking about—"
"Ugh. Just cut to the chase, Alec." Felix groans, kicking his feet up onto the table. Alec sighs, rolling his eyes at his friends impatience.
"Well... there's an army—"
"Bella hasn't been turned yet." Jane cuts in, a sudden pain causing Felix to arch his back. Cora quickly numbs him, his pain residing.
"Stop abusing people, it's not that hard." Jane narrows her eyes, daring Cora to cut in again.

"If Bella isn't turned, we'll kill her." Jane stated, the people around her questioning her silently.
"Well, she should be turned soon. Is that all you had to say?" the brunette scoffs, resting her slim cheek on her hand.
"No. Aro would also like to see your newborn when he gets back from his journey."

A feeling of nervousness settled in Cora's stomach, and although nobody else could tell, Jane had a suspicious expression on his face.
"When's he coming back?" Cora wonders, her mind plotting a plan as they speak.
"In a few days. I suggest you let your newborn feed, she must be starving." Alec answers, lifting a book into his hands and reading the nonsense.
"I'll take her out to feed. I don't want her to see the... mess you guys cause." Demetri let's out a loud laugh, slapping Cora on the back.

"We get viscious when we're hungry."
"You're always viscous. Does that mean you're always hungry." Cora jokes, laughing nervously.
As the guard chat among themselves, Cora sneaks away, running to her room.

"Alice is watching her! You can't just tell her everything!" Jane scolds the group before turning around and leaving the room.

Margaret is shocked when the door slams open, not expecting to see her creator with such an anxiety filled face.
"What?" Margaret asks curiously, shutting the book she was reading.
"Jesus! Is reading all anyone does around here?" Cora exclaims, resting a hand on her head.
"What's wrong?" The healer glances up, frowning slightly.

"We need to get you out of here." She whispers, sitting down in front of Margaret.
"Aro is coming back soon and... he can't know about you. He'll force you to join his clan and you'll never be able to leave." Cora's voice is full of worry which causes an unsettling feeling to rest in the newborns stomach.
"But how? Demetri—"
"Yes, he'll find you. I know. Let's just get you to the Cullen's first. We need to know more about your abilities. There's something more that we don't know." Cora stops talking once she hears distant footsteps, the tug in her chest deepening.

"Pretend I never said anything." Cora shoves the book back into her newborns hands, taking a seat across the room, wincing as she takes one into her own.
"These books are so boring! Aren't they, Margaret?" Margaret takes a moment to answer, the unnerving feeling rattling her.
"Um... No. I think they're great!" Margaret coughs, playing pretend for the time being.

"Yeah, well you must've not read many good
books—" Jane opens the doors, glancing at Margaret before letting her eyes fall onto Cora, her expression relaxing a microscopic amount.
"We'll be gone for a day or two. We have business to attend to. I trust that you'll be occupied with your little baby." Jane smirks at the angry expression in the newborns face.

She slams the book closed, huffing as she eyes Jane.
"I... am... not... a baby!" Margaret exclaims. Cora shushes her, squinting as a sign for her to shut up.
"If you're going to go, go. See you later."
Jane gains her composure, a slight frown visible on her face as she turns around and slams the door behind her. Her departing footsteps were louder than when she first arrived.