𝟏𝟐.

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐀 𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 as fast as they could. Obviously, they were going way over the speed limit but Cora was just smirking at how Alice got this car. What a rush.
"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car." Bella asks out loud and Cora grins wickedly.
"I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto."
"Not today."

Suddenly, Alice zones out and Cora nearly freaks.
Great now we're going to crash because Alice is having a vision!
"What? What do you see?" Bella asks, staring intently at Alice.
"They refused him." She states in disbelief.
"So...?"
"He's gonna make a scene." Cora freezes. turning. her head to look at Alice. "He's going to show himself to the humans?" Alice nods, acting like it's nothing.
"No. When?"
"He's gonna wait until noon. When the suns at its highest."

Cora slumps back in her seat, her mind drifting away from her current reality. She can hear what they're saying but she isn't there. Not mentally at least. Her brother could possibly die, her bestest friend.

Alice, you've gotta hurry—

Volterra

Why are they all in red?

Festival

Vampires from the city—

Alice

Can't see coming

Read my thoughts

Where do I go?

Clock tower

"Cora!" Alice snaps her out of her daze, watching her worriedly. "We must go. Put your jacket on, cover your hair and neck with this." She tosses a scarf and Cora hurriedly puts it on, frowning as Alice yanks her out of the car. She grabs her hand, dragging Cora along.
"I'm sorry." Alice shakes her head.
"The conversation wasn't of any importance anyways. Just Bella worrying." Cora nods her head, allowing Alice to guide her through the streets.

A moment later the clock hits twelve. Cora is about to freeze up when Alice sends her a look, dragging her through the streets. "Freezing up isn't going to help. Come, calm yourself. He'll be fine." Cora nods, her feet suddenly working again.
When they arrive at the clock tower Cora winces. The Volturi is asking for Edward and Bella, great.

"Aro wants to speak with you again."
"No rules were broken."
Nonetheless, we should take this conversation to a "more appropriate venue."
"Fine, Bella why don't you go enjoy the rest of the festival?"
"The girl comes with us."
"No, you can go to hell."

Alice breaks the lock on the door, the loud creaking alerting everyone of their  presence.
"Come on, guys. It's a festival. We wouldn't want to make a scene." Alice drags her younger sister to stand next to her, giving her a look that screams calm yourself. Cora glares up at Edward, talking to him in her head.
If Bella was actually dead and you didn't want to live, I would've tore your head off for you.

She wasn't lying and in a way it was kind of sweet. She wouldn't want him to live a life full of misery and sorrow, wondering what would have happened if he hadn't have left.
Cora knows it's sad to live without a mate. But to find your mate and be ripped away from them is worse. Worse than she can even imagine.

Edward doesn't say anything, only sending her a sad smile before turning his attention to the human killing vampires. Cora removes her scarf, handing it to Alice. Cordelia always hated carrying extra things on her.

The big guy, Felix, tilts his head. "We wouldn't." The clacking of heels draws their attention. "Enough." The blonde female pulls her hood down and the two vegetarians glance down at Cora. Her eyes are slightly widened as she watches the girl approach.
"Jane." Edward says, mostly to notify Bella of the vampire, but also to let Cora know who her mate is.