𝟏𝟔.

"𝐒𝐎, 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐓. 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍."  Cora speaks, pacing around her bedroom.
"Aro will read our minds, I know it. But you have a very, very rare gift and we know his secret that could ruin everything." Cora's voice gets quiet near the end, deep in thought.

"What do you mean by 'ruin everything?'" Margaret questions, closing her boring book and watching her creator pace.
"It means that if that secret gets out the Volturi will fall apart. Aro will never let that happen. We'll have to die. It's not like we can run either. Demetri would find us instantly and we would have to live our entire lives running, forever."

"Marcus would rage and most likely leave. Jane and Alec would stay. I can guarantee they could care less. But I'm wondering what Jane would do once he... killed me." Cora finishes, brows furrowed. She was thinking about that last part intensely.

What would Jane do? They were never close but she knew that Jane didn't hate her and Cora didn't hate Jane. There was this tension between them due to Cora's stubbornness. Although Cora wasn't happy that she was kidnapped she couldn't deny the fact that if anything happened to Jane she would have someone end her own life. Cora lived for love. It's all she's ever wanted. She wanted to meet her mate and now that she had she can't believe how stupid she's been acting.

All Jane had been trying to do was get close with her and she had been pushing her away, ignoring her attempts.
Jane never once did anything bad to Cora, but Cora had said horrible, horrible things.
She could feel a tug at her heart knowing her mate wasn't near.
Whether she'd admit it or not, Cora cared for Jane and she knew Jane cared for her too.

"Fuck!" Cora shouts, her hand that now rests on the  bed frame tightening, the sound of wood cracking filling the room.
"What?" Margaret asks, somewhat worried.
"I fucked everything up." She sighs, the canopy frame collapsing as she lets go.
"I've been denying my other half and now I won't even get to experience a life with her." She feels venom build up in her water line. Tears that would never fall.

"We never should've talked to Didyme."
"Why?"
"Because we are both destined to die. It's Aro's only solution. But if I die then Jane would probably freak out and I don't even know what would happen. I could promise to never tell but bum ass Edweirdo can read my thoughts and would instantly use that at leverage against the Volturi which Aro will never let happen." Cora feels like her world is burning down. What is she supposed to do?

"I am lost."

The next day, Jane arrived back from her mission along with the rest of the guard and Cora felt the need to make things right. So she waited and waited until she saw the familiar figures start to near the castle.

Jane was obviously confused as to why Cora was standing there, but her expression was blank.
"Can I talk to you?" Cora asks, fiddling with her fingers like a child that did something bad.
Jane noticed this and quirks a brow, nodding her head and letting Cora whisk her away into the castle.

"Do you think she came around?" Felix asks the rest of the group.
"I can only hope. I'll sure miss the drama." Demetri snickers, causing Felix to snort.
"Yeah. I think she did." Alec replied, a soft smile on his lips.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Jane questions, taking a seat next to Cora on a sofa in the hallway.
"I... I know I've been rather rude, I'm sorry. I just couldn't comprehend the fact that the person I've been looking for all of my life was in front of me." Cora starts, her eyes on the floor. She could feel Jane's intense gaze but she couldn't bring herself to meet her piercing red eyes.
"I've always wanted to meet my mate and now that I have I feel as though I've been wasting my time, getting mad at you. I could've had conversations with you. We could've gone on a date or two. But I decided to be an ass and push you away." Jane can't help the ghost of a smile that tugs at her lips. This warmed her undead heart and she felt as though she was dreaming, that this wasn't real.

"I want to spend time with you while I still have the chance." This statement causes Jane to furrow her eyebrows, confused.
"What do you mean while you still have the chance?" This question causes Cordelia to sigh, shaking her head slightly in response.
"When does Aro come back?"
"He was supposed to today but it seems the situation is taking longer than expected. So in a few more days, I believe." Jane answers. She didn't realize it before but Cora was angelic. She had perfectly curled lashes and pretty brown hair. Her face was diamond shaped and to be honest, her eyes looked better red. They were a perfect contrast.

"I can't answer your question now but you will see what I mean by that soon. But for now, stay with me?" And for the first time Cora meets Jane's eyes. Her usual look of hatred replaced by a look of... hope?

"Of course."

They spent the entire day together. Walking around, talking about random events from their lives. It was heart warming. To see the sadistic witch twin smile. It's something that nobody ever thought they'd see until they saw the pair walking together, laughing.

Cora was the good. She loved how humans lived. She loved flowers and kittens. She would only eat big animals as they were predators and she couldn't bring herself to hurt the harmless babies. Cora saw the best in everyone and believed that everyone deserved a second chance.

Jane hated humans and the way they were so happy when she wasn't. She hated flowers and animals, believing them to be useless things that happened to live on this earth. Jane saw the worst in everyone, believing nobody could ever change.

Jane liked to harm and Cora liked to heal.

The light and the dark. The dark and the light.

Together, they were balanced.

Together they were at peace. They were twilight.

AUTHORS NOTE :: Hey

AUTHORS NOTE :: Hey...! It's been a bit but I made a fat ass mistake. I lowkey dug Cora into a BIG FAT HOLE THAT SHE CANT CLIMB OUT OF but trust, I will find a way. Anywho, thank you for 60K READS. I never thought this story would get that big and I am eternally grateful for all of you. Thank you for waiting. I hope you guys like this chapter because hell, I LOVE IT. And trust, Octavia, the cat, will be back shortly. Love you. <3
WRITTEN :: 12/23/3033
PUBLISHED :: 12/23/2023