𝟏𝟕.

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐘, hoping for some peace and quiet. She wasn't reading though. Just sitting, staring out the large windows. It was rather beautiful. The silence. The rays of sunlight peek through the glass windows, causing a shimmer to appear on Cora's skin.

She missed her family but she also missed her cat. She really missed her cat. So reluctantly, she started to shout, knowing Jane would be able to hear her as she wasn't very far away.
"JANE! COME HERE!" Cora shouts, cackling to herself at the horrified expression that Jane wore once she entered.
"What? Did something happen?" The worry in her voice caused Cora's heart to bloom, but she shook her head no.

"I have one request, just one." Jane narrows her eyes, taking a seat next to her mate.
"And what would that be?" Jane notices the devilish look on Cora's face and braces herself.
"I would like one phone call that you can supervise all you'd like." It's silent as Jane watches Cora's hopeful expression. One phone call couldn't hurt. Right?

"Fine..." She whips out her phone, handing it to Cora before standing up and hovering over her shoulder, watching intensely.
The phone starts to ring after Cora enters a number.
"Reminder, don't interrupt!" And the call was answered, a familiar voice causing Jane to growl.
"Hello?"
"Edward! Hi!" Edward nearly drops his phone, his eyes wide as he glances over at the family.
"Cora, are you okay?"
"I'm doing amazing, actually." She speaks. You can hear the smile in her voice and it causes the Cullens to relax, soft smiles blooming on their lips.

"You're on speaker, by the way. But I would like to ask something of you." Edward raises a brow, knowing who was with Cora at the moment. His voice was tense as he spoke.
"What is that?"
"Can you PLEASE bring me my cat, Octavia—"
"I thought you named her Luna?" Cora can hear Bella say from a far and she rolls her eyes.
"Luna is a stupid name." Jane speaks into the phone.
"See! It is. But could you PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE find a way to get my cat here, to me." Cora begs, hope in her voice.

Suddenly It's Carlisle that speaks.
"Yes, Cora. We'll have her escorted to you within a few days time." This information causes Cora to smile widely, happiness dancing within her stomach.
"Thank you, Dad. I hope you're all doing good?" Silence follows for a moment before he answers.
"Yes, we're all doing good. Now, are you doing good? Are you comfortable? Are you happy?" Cora's grin lessens slightly, although Jane doesn't notice. She was thinking about her future, what was to come.

"Everything is going wonderfully. I changed someone!"
"WHAT?" Emmett booms, laughing at the new information.
"Yes! Though she's somewhat boring. I don't know if I like her that much—"
"I can handle her—"
"No, Jane. You won't be killing anyone." Cora cuts her off, squinting slightly.
"Fine." This causes the Cullen's to smile. Cora had just gotten Jane to listen to her. They were happy knowing Cora was safe and sound. But they were also stressed knowing of the newborn army. Carlisle decided not to tell her, knowing Jane was right there.

"That's amazing, honey. We'll talk to you later but we have some things to sort out. You'll see Octavia shortly. Everyone say bye." Carlisle speaks, followed by the family saying farewell and how much they love and miss her. She can't help the grin that's been growing wider and wider.

Her family made her happy.

The phone call ends and Cora glances up and Jane, handing her the phone.
"Thank you. I'm sure you'll love Octavia." Cora states, noticing the small smile on Jane's lips.
"I trust you won't kill her, right?"
"No, I won't kill her. Yet-"
"JANE."
"Fine. I won't kill her."

It had been a few days. A few days closer to her impending doom and she was distancing herself from Margaret. She knew what was to come and she didn't even want to be near her. Knowing her gift could ruin everything.