𝟎𝟓.

𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐃 as soon as they found out everyone was rushing to the ballet studio. Obviously, Edward would be there earlier than everyone else. He was always faster than everyone else. Now he had someone to run for. Motivation.

The wind whips against the vampires cheeks as they run towards the ballet studio. When entering they notice Carlisle is already there. His hand on Edwards shoulder, speaking words that Cora couldn't comprehend in the moment. All she could smell was blood and her head snapped towards the pained human. Her blood was tainted with venom, it wasn't as appealing but the scent was still there.
Cora rushes forwards, crouching down next to Bella and eyeing the wound. She had medical training, but she wasn't nearly as experienced as Carlisle.

Cora stares Bella in the eyes as she attempts to numb her pain. Useless, it doesn't work.
"Carlisle!" Cora shouts towards Carlisle, turning her head to look at him. "She's been bit." Carlisle is by Bella's side in a second, his eyes focused on the open wound on her thigh.
Alice, Edward, and Jasper are currently destroying James. Great background music
"Edward, I'm so sorry." Cora whispers, eyeing Bella, worry in her eyes. Bella gasps, thrashing on the floor.
"Numb her!" Edward shouts at Cora, anger in his eyes. "I — I can't. It's not working."
"What do you mean you can't do it? Just numb her, now!" Cora doesn't reply, only shaking her head. Her gift didn't work on Bella for some reason, it got on her nerves. Now they all had to watch Bella suffer.

Edward watches Bella, crouching down by her side.
"She's loosing to much blood." Carlisle mumbles.
"It's the venom." Alice rushes to their side, holding Bella down so she doesn't injure herself further.
"Edward, you have to make a choice. You could let the change happen." Edward pauses, the thought burning a hole through his ice cold brain.
"No! No."
"It's gonna happen Edward. I've seen it."  Edward refuses, shaking his head. "It doesn't have to be that way."
"She's still hemorrhaging. Make a tourniquet out of your belt." Alice complies, unbuckling her belt speedily.

"Carlisle.. What's my other option?"
Carlisle ignores him. "Tie it above my hands."
"Carlisle!"
Carlisle pushes Alice away. "Alice. Go." He sighs, glancing towards Edward for a moment.
"You could try and such the venom out of her."
"You know I won't be able to stop."
"Then find the will to stop. But choose, now. She only has minutes left." Cora's eyes widen at the idea, glancing towards Carlisle nervously.
"I'm gonna make it go away, Bella... I'm gonna make it go away." Edward inhales sharply, sinking his teeth into her arm, sucking harshly.

She can see the conflict in his eyes as he stares at her. The blood causing a frenzy to erupt,
"Edward, stop. Her blood is clean. You're killing her." He ignores Carlisle, continuing to suck her blood. "Edward, stop." Carlisle says again, his voice soft but urgent.
Cora is worried. She's grown quite close to Bella and can't stand this.
She shoves Edward away. His form flies across the room and into a glass mirror.
"He could've stopped on his own." Cora scoffs, glancing towards her father.
"He was killing her, Carlisle. How much longer could we wait for him to find the will?"

· .˚

Cora waits for Isabella to finally awaken. She had purchased a beautiful but expensive bouquet of red roses from a nearby market.
Cora stays away from the hospital for a variety of reasons. Guilt, regret, thirst.
She hadn't fed in days and she surely would not be able to resist the urge to suck the patients bodies dry.
Bella's mother walks out of the hospital doors, tilting her head at Cora curiously. She then notices the familiar eye color.
This must be one of Edward's sisters.

"I'm Cora, Edward's younger sister. I was wondering if you could give these to Bella." Cora holds out the bouquet, smiling softly. Renee looks slightly shocked. Not of the flowers, but of her beautiful accent.
"Do you want to visit Bella? She hasn't woke up yet—"
"I'm so very sorry, madame. I must head home. My parents are worried sick. Tell Isabella that I hope she heals well." Her mother smiles towards the young girl, placing a hand in her shoulder. Cora breathes in, her eyes darkening slightly, a tight lipped smile on her face.
"Thank you, Cora. You and your family are too kind."

a/n: ONE OF THE LAST CHARTERS FOR TWILIGHT

a/n: ONE OF THE LAST CHARTERS FOR TWILIGHT. i've written a shit ton of chapters and i probably won't edit some of them before publishing, so ignore the spelling mistakes. 🤪

written: 5/4/2022