𝟎𝟗.

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘. 𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 going to be the one to tell Bella. He's going to break her heart. Make her stop loving him by making her think he doesn't love her.
What an idiot.
Bella could never stop loving him. It'll only cause her pain, unnecessary pain. Bella would understand more if he were to say something true. He was going to say that people were suspecting that Carlisle looked young for his age.
Asshole.
Carlisle could have gotten plastic surgery for all they care, it's not enough of a reason to leave. Cora is in her room, throwing tarps over her possessions, only taking a bag of stuff. They could always buy more crap. They had money.

They were going to relocate to Ithaca, New York where Carlisle would be working nightshifts. Cora was somewhat excited, it was beautiful there. But she had a life here and didn't really want to leave right now. But of course, whatever Edward says goes.

He's the favorite after all.

"Why can't you just tell her the truth, Edward." Cora asks. Edward doesn't make eye contact, staring at their soon to be old home that they stand in front of.
"I want to give her the chance at a normal life, Cora. She can't do that if she's still inlove with me." The teen frowns.
"Once you're in love, you never really stop." Edwards dumb. Why would she stop loving him because he says he doesn't want her? She might hate him for a while, but she'll still love him.
Actually, Edward could kill her dad and she would forgive him instantly.

"We wouldn't be moving if you had controlled yourself, Cora." Her expression turns into one of shock. "What?"
"You heard what I said." She stares at him in an attempt to see if he's actually serious. "Are you serious right now? It's nearly impossible to control and if you hadn't thrown her into glass then I wouldn't have attacked..." Cora pauses, realizing what he was doing.

He wants someone to tell him it was his fault

"Edward—"
"I know. It was my fault and she shouldn't have to eventually pay the price." Cora actually laughs, staring at him with an incredulous expression. "You are so dramatic, god! You're going to ruin your relationship and potentially her entire life because you're angry at yourself. Get a grip, Edward, this isn't even about her anymore." He turns to look at her, looking lifeless as ever.
"You're being selfish. She's said she doesn't want to live a life without you and you're purposely hurting her because you're afraid and angry." Cora shouts at him.

She stares at him, her fists clenching by her sides. "And not only are you going to ruin her life, but all of ours, Edward. We all love it here. It's so beautiful. We can actually act human! We can live a life during the day and not just at night. But you're going to take that away from us."

"I know."
"And you still don't care."

Edward had just left Bella in middle of the forest and he could hear Cora screaming at him in her head.
Are you serious? You couldn't even check and see if she was in a safe location? No. "I am Edward Cullen and the girl I care about could be getting eaten by bears or some rogue vampires!"
He ignores her, running towards the family. They were flying on a private plane.
Cora delayed, saying she needed to do some things before she left.

#1 on her list: check up on Bella.

The next day Cora was watching as Bella slept. Her body thrashing around in her sleep. It was early early in the morning, 4 AM probably. But she shoots out of bed, her hand running through her hair.

"I'm so sorry." Her head snaps up to spot Cora who sits in the rocking chair in the corner of her bedroom. Edwards old spot.
"Cora?!" Bella whisper shouts, leaping at the girl.
Cora hugs back, smiling slightly before remembering the situation. She pulls away, frowning at Bella.
"I'm sorry about Edward. He's being dramatic." Cora apologized, sitting back down. Bella takes a seat at the edge of her bed, staring at Cora expectantly. "We are leaving. Well, we've already left. I told them I was going to stay here for another day." Bella frowns. "But why?"

Cora sighs, twirling her hair between her fingers anxiously. "Edward wants you to have a chance at a normal, human life. It's also dangerous for you, and dangerous for us to be involved so closely with a human. I can't prevent us from leaving, but I just wanted you to know the truth before I leave. It's the least I could do." She hears a sniffle, snapping her head up to meet a crying Bella.
"Bébé, ne pleure pas. Come here." Cora pulls Isabella into a tight hug, her cool hands soothing Bella slightly. "Ask anything and I'll answer." Cora takes a seat next to Bella, waiting for the questions.

"Does he still... love me?" Cora rolls her eyes.
"Of course he does. Don't be so daft, Bella. You can't stop loving your mate. He just wants you to be safe after the incident with Jasper and I." Bella nods, smiling slightly.
"Where are you guys going?"
"We are moving to Ithaca, New York. Carlisle has already gotten a night job and Jasper is a college student majoring in philosophy. I'll probably be attending high school, Junior year. I'm not sure about everyone else."
Bella nods, thinking of another question.

"Will I ever see you guys again?"

Cora doesn't move, staring blankly out the window. "Cora?" Bella repeats, getting slightly worried.
"No, Bella. I'm sorry. This is the last time you'll ever see a Cullen." Bella's whole world stops, the previous tears come flowing down her cheeks and she doesn't even bother to wipe them away. "By the time we come back everyone in this town will be long gone." Cora almost flinches at the loud sobs that escape Bella's mouth. "I can't apologize enough—"

"Get out." Cora looks at her shocked. "Bella.."

"Please... Just go home."

a/n: ouchhhh sucks for you bella

a/n: ouchhhh sucks for you bella. but like, we stan cora. #corastan4life
and that sucks for you edward but he's literally an asshole and was very selfish in the books and movies so like... we're all just gonna have to deal with it.
alsooo happy 4th of july, even though i'm not celebrating it because america is not something worth celebrating. and honestly if you don't support womens rights you can just leave. bye-bye!!

so i'm working on chapters for breaking dawn rn, so i'm way ahead of this current chapter. but i always write the a/n's either a few days or the day i publish a chapter.
and like, it's so good. like omg, so shocking, so cool. stay tuned :')

written: 5/5/2022