Chapter Ten

"How are you?" Hope asked, sitting on a chair beside the hospital's bed as she talked to fourteen year old boy who had a really distracted look on his face

"He hasn't been talking since the incident." A manly voice was heard from behind.

"Have you guys tried anything?" Hope asked, looking at a man in his mid forties behind her.

He was the cop,who was taking care of the case, Baker was a short,gray-haired man in his early forties,with a gruff,impatient
manner fueled by a brilliant,restless mind.He wore rumpled suits that looked as
if they had been slept on.

"Yes."

Hope knew this fourteen year old boy would be a little hard for her but it's her job to make him feel better.

"You can leave us for a while." Hope said, without looking at the man.

She heard the door closed, she looked at the young boy, she noticed his face had unhealthy look to it and his eyes were hard open as he stared at nothing on the wall. The boy's legs weren't swinging in the care-free way he'd first assumed. Each one was more like a kick, sharp and pointed.

"Hi, I'm Hope." Hope said but she didn't get a response, she took his hand, as he gasped, she noticed a hint of fear in him.. He looked at her eyes and Hope smiled sweetly at him, "How are you?"

"I'm fine." He said softly, as he continued to look at Hope's eyes.

"What's your name?"

"Steve Marshall." He said, before he removed his gaze from Hope.

"That's a nice name, Steve." Hope complimented him as she continued to smile, "What's on your mind?"

"Death." Steve said, making Hope widen her eyes.

Why would a fourteen year old boy want to kill himself?

“He shouldn't be part of those people that thinks death is the only solution.”

"Why?"

"Because I was there," Steve began, "It was terrifying, they wanted to kill me not her, Hope." He cried.

"It's fine." Hope sat on the hospital's bed beside him, hugging him.

"It's not fine." Steve said as he cried on her chest.

This made Hope to remember how she calmed Ethan down under the rain.

"When you are ready to talk about it, tell me."

"I don't trust anyone... Can you come tomorrow privately? I want to give you something." Steve said, looking at Hope, hoping she would say Yes.

"Privately? Without anyone knowing that I'm coming?" Hope asked as Steve nodded his head hurriedly, "Sure, I would come."