Chapter Twelve

The door opened immdiately, showing Ethan, he was in a sweatpants, simple white top but the only thing that attracted Hope was the fact that his hair was wet, she really loves wet hairs

"Hope, how did you-" Ethan asked surprisingly, looking around.

"I'm not here to kill you, even if I feel like." Hope assured him.

"I thought, you never wanted to see me again." Ethan said with a hint of happy sadness in him.

"Umm, I was just here to give you this." Hope stretched her hands, showing Ethan the bounquet of black roses.

"I never knew you were this stubborn." Ethan said with a scoff, dragging her inside.

"What are you doing?" Hope asked, once Ethan closed the door.

"You look-"

"Different, I know." Hope said hurriedly.

Ethan laughed, seeing him laugh, Hope missed that smile, that laugh, those talks.

"I'm sorry, I would try to find a good word." Ethan apologized.

"No need of finding anything, since we won't be seeing again for me to be the judge of your compliment." Hope said.

"How about we see again?" Ethan asked.

"Yes,I want to but.. Hope say no."

Hope thought, fighting with the words in her mind, "No, we can't."

"Why?"

"Can you please just take the roses back?" Hope said, hitting the bounquet on his chest.

"After four years, you gave me a black rose as a welcome gift." Ethan complained softly.

"After gaining my trust, you gave me a black rose as a friend's gift." Hope said.

"I was stupid then, Hope. I made a mistake and I regretted it." Ethan confessed.

"I don't need any explanation from you, Ethan. I know we had just met then but we had this fast connection, do you know how hard it was for me to find a black rose with a pathetic letter at the edge of my bed?"

"I'm sorry, but-"

"I don't need your buts, a mistake is a mistake." Hope said.

"There is nothing like a mistake." Ethan told her.

"Ethan, please... everything, everytime, every single moment we had was a mistake,do you know why? Because you threw it away the next moment we both felt something." Hope said.

Ethan knew he made a mistake,ever since he had left Hope,he wasn't himself anymore,he never knew he could ever love again but he still wanted his past to be a part of him, even if he wanted to let it go.

"Hope," Ethan called out her name softly.

"Let's just forget anything ever happened between us." Hope said as she turned to leave but she was stopped by a hug from behind, she smelt a different cologue on him.