Chapter Sixteen

"Hey," Hope entered Ethan's huge study room

"Are you ready to go to work?" Ethan said.

"Yes," Hope said, walking towards him, he was busy with his laptop.

"You would see my driver downstairs, he would take you to work and take you back him with Henry." Ethan said, not giving Hope a glance.

"Is anything wrong?" Hope asked.

"You don't want to see me, so I'm fulfilling your request." Ethan said.

"Look at me." Hope said, as Ethan breathed in heavily before looking at Hope, "Let's both deal with this, I need your help."

"As long as you are doing this detective game, I won't be a part of it, Hope."

"Ethan, Please, you are my only hope, you are wealthy, you have enough safety, so can't you please help me?"

"Hope," Ethan yelled, "You don't seem to understand, do you? Power is bigger than power, Hope... This children are young, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, Hope, are you stupid? They entered one of the dangerous cult in New Zealand."

"Do you know the person bearing Dragon blood?"

"Yes, well my best friend does, it's a stupid powerful cult group, Hope."

"Can you tell me everything you know about the cult? The name?" Hope asked, standing beside Ethan who was seated.

"I don't know much, because I never joined the group but one thing I know is that once you are nineteen, you would be killed instantly."

"Why?" Hope wondered.

"Because you are old enough to leave the cult group but they are scared you would spill out some secret, look Henry or Steve aren't safe." Ethan said.

"Why?"

"Because my best friend wasn't." Ethan said, looking at Hope.

                    .........°..........
"Steve," Hope said, sitting opposite Steve in the hospital.

Hope noticed bruises on his cheeks.

"Have you eaten?" Hope asked, as Steve looked opposite her.

Hope knew that he was trying to tell her, he couldn't talk in front of Baker.

Hope hugged him, whispering in his ear, "Faint in the next four seconds."

She sat down back, smiling at him, "Everything is going to be okay."

“One. two. three. four.”

Steve pretended to faint, shaking heavily on the bed.

"Oh my God, call the doctor." Hope said hurriedly, looking at Baker, who gave them a look, "Hurry." She yelled as Baker left.