nightmare [grumbo]

A/N

this one is alot of shorter than the others bc it was just a small idea I got like an hour ago, expect another Hex/hels-centric fic next :p

word count: 460 words

hurt and (mainly) comfort.

cw: nightmares, slight anxiety attack, mention of death/murder.

enjoy~

----------

Grian shot up in his bed, he was breathing heavily as he clutched his shirt. his eyes darted around his room, he took a few slow breaths before shutting his eyes and running a hand through his hair. he had had another nightmare about last life, it had been over for awhile now, everyone was safe for now but he couldn't shake it, seeing everyone die only for no one to remember it. he jumped as he heard the hermit beside him stir awake.

"grian? is it morning already?"

mumbo asked rubbing his eyes, grian smiled softly as he ran a hand through mumbos hair.

"no dear, sorry. I had a nightmare, let's just back to bed"

he said lying back down, Mumbo nodded as he hugged close to grians chest. grian tried to fall back asleep but everytime he shut his eyes he could see it, the glow of purple and white, the godly beings that taunted and harmed him. grian lay wide eyed as he didn't dare fall asleep, last life had scarred him. and no one remembered it. no one recalled it even happening, the poor souls memories were wiped and they went on with their days, but grian remembered it all. every kill, every death, he remembered every single word said to him.

"grian? grian are you alright?"

Mumbo asked as he placed a hand on grians cheek, the hermits eyes filled of concern as tears fell down grians cheeks. grian snapped back to reality as he stared at Mumbo, his took a shaky breath as he hugged his boyfriend. mumbo relaxed as he held grian close to him, the watcher shook in his arms.

"grian..what happened in your nightmare?"

Mumbo asked, he felt grian moved closer and burry his head into mumbos collarbone. mumbo sighed as he continued to comfort the boy.

"you were...we...we were in last life and- and I could- I killed you and i-i-"

his words came out in a stuttering mess, grian tried his best to explain but he could tell mumbo didn't understand it. he just didn't remember. grian sighed as he buried his head into mumbos chest more.

"I just want to sleep.."

he whispered, Mumbo nodded as he gently kissed the top of Grians head. he pulled the covers over them both as he held the shorter boy close. grian finally settled, when he shut his eyes he no longer saw the purple hues, he smiled as he began to drift off.

"last life can't hurt you. they are safe now. we're safe now."

Mumbo whispered as grian finally drifted off, he sighed as he ran a hand through the sleeping boys hair. mumbo remember last life.

he remembered all of it.
---------