The Beacon/Light Hope

"I have to go check up on Glimmer really quick and then I'll be back and we can talk about us." Adora says.

"Ok. Wait, what's wrong with Glimmer?!?!" I say at first caught up in the moment and then say freaked out.

"Nothing." Adora says trying not to be suspicious.

"Adora. I will leave this bed right now." I say in a stern tone.

"No, please don't do that. When Shadow Weaver was trying to erase my memories, Glimmer teleported out of her red lightning. And now her powers are making her glitch. She is recharging up at the runestone." She explains.

"Well, then let's go check on her." I say grabbing the edge of the sheet moving it off me.

"No. You need rest. Actually doctor's orders." She says.

"Ugh. Fine. Will you at least come back and give me an update?" I say with puppy eyes. She smiles and laughs.

"Of course. Get some rest." She says placing a quick kiss on my head.

"Bye." I say blushing.

I lay back with a smile and close my eyes.

*Time Skip*

I open my eyes and look around. 'Wait this isn't the infirmary. It's the Fright Zone.'

I look across from me and see Adora.

"Adora? Are you okay?" I whisper not wanting to draw attention.

"Ella? I'm glad your awake. I'm sorry." Adora says dropping her head, tears in her eyes.

"It's okay. I can fix this." I say trying to fight my restraints when a certain shadowy figure enters the room.

"Ah. Young love. Such a shame." Shadow Weaver says grabbing Adora and dragging her away.

"Adora! Nooo! Adora!" I shout.

I jolt up right out of my sleep. It was just a nightmare. I'm sweating and breathing heavily. I feel a hand on mine.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm right here. What happened?" She says placing a hand on my heart and one on my back.

"It was a nightmare. I've been having a lot since my dads death but this recent one was.... different." I say sadly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks.

"Not really. Maybe later." I say.

"Okay, whenever you're ready." She says sweetly.

"So, how was Glimmer?" I ask groggily.

"She's still glitching. Speaking of that, I have to go back to the place Madam Razz took me. I need to train so I can heal Glimmer and you." She says determined.

"Alone?" I say.

"Yeah. I wanted to see you before I went. I want to talk to you about us but I need to do this for Glimmer. And for... you." She explains.

"But what if something bad happens in there and we can't help you? Or the Horde finds you and takes your sword again? What if..." she stops me before I continue rambling.

"None of that will happen. I will be extra careful. I promise." She says smiling. I give her a small smile back.

"Okay." I say.

"I'll be back." She says leaving the room.

"Please be careful." I whisper.

*Time Skip*

"Okay, your heart rate looks good. Let's check your ribs." She says lifting my shirt.

I wince and breath in sharp. She removes the bandages and some big dark purple bruise are showing covering my torso.