Signals

"Of course. It's no bother." She tells me.

"Am I a bad person?" I ask with lump in my throat.

"No. Why would you ask that?" She says standing up starting to walk over to me.

"Shadow Weaver knows that I live here. She knows I'm not in Thaymor. I'm putting everyone here in danger. And they don't even know." I say.

"Ella, everyone here is more than capable of protecting themselves. And it's not your fault that Shadow Weaver is hunting you." Angella tells me.

"I know. But I can't get what Shadow Weaver said to me out of my head. She said I get people hurt. I get people killed. What if she's right?" I whisper the last part.

"Listen to me. She's wrong. You protect people, save them. You're a hero." She says comforting me.

She places a hand on my shoulder as my eyes begin to water.

"I know I have given you a hard time throughout the years but thank you for being so kind." I say. I start to cry so I hug her.

"Oh, Ella. You're welcome." She says rubbing my back.

Once I've stopped crying, I say goodbye and head back to my room.

*Mission the next morning*

I've gotten about two hours of sleep considering I had the same nightmare again.

Angella sent us on a mission to go check out the Alwyn farming outpost.

"I still can't believe Entrapta is working for the Horde. Shadow Weaver messed with her mind. She must have. Right?" Adora says.

"I don't know. She seemed normal when we talked to her. Entrapta-normal, but still, she wants to be with the Horde, they do have better tech than us, but we have magic on our side." Glimmer rants.

"Magic and tech aren't totally separate things. Entrapta is one of the only people who really understands that. She got closer to combining them than anyone else." Bow explains.

"And now she's with the Horde. Jackson says sad/madly.

Glimmer, Adora, and I turn around to the boys.

"Well, who needs Entrapta? You've got Bow and Jackson, tech masters and premier members of the Etherian Maker Community." Bow says before his arrow lights on fire.

"Yeah, uh, he meant to do that." Jackson says nodding his head before trying to blow out the arrow.

"Ahoy. Ha, ha. Be there in a sec. Comrades, I spotted buildings ahead. The outpost is close." Swift Wind reports.

"Entrapta made her decision. We can't change that. But we can focus on our mission and help our people." Glimmer says determined.

"We lost all contact with the farming out post of Alwyn a week ago. The Horde hasn't been reported in the area, but we can't be too careful." I report with a yawn.

"They're definitely involved. They always are." Adora says frustratedly. I put my hand in hers to comfort her.

"We can handle the Horde. I don't care if they have Entrapta's inventions. They're no match for us. We'll handle this the way we always do." Glimmer says confidently.

"Brute strength?" Adora says excitedly.

"Almost dying?" Swift Wind says worriedly.

"Going head first into a fight?" I say putting my fist up.

"No. No. And definitely no, Ella! By sticking together and never giving up." Glimmer triumphantly.

"Yeah! Best Friend Squad to the rescue!" Bow cheers wrapping an arm around Jackson.