Remember; The Portal

You know that feeling you get when you seem to have forgotten something? Like you feel like you remembered everything but there's just one thing you didn't? That's how today felt but I didn't know why. Why would I be forgetting something?

I woke up and went through my morning routine. Got dressed, brushed my hair, and brushed my teeth. Then I head out to the dinning room and greet the fam.

"Morning, Mom. Morning, Jack." I say strutting over to the counter.

"Morning, Sweetie. How did you sleep?" My mom asks as I give her a peck on the cheek.

"Great." I say.

"Jackson, you ready for our ride today?" I ask.

"Of course. You know me and Maximus are going to beat you this time. We've been training nonstop." He says.

"Yeah. You can think that but Killian and I will rain victorious like we always do." I say confidently.

I grab an apple from the fruit bowl and say goodbye to Jackson and my mom. Walking over to the stables I greet people walking by with a wave and smile. When I reach the stable, Tyler greets me.

"Morning, kid. Your dads over with Swift Wind." He tells me.

I nod and we fist bump. I walk back to where my dad is and I jump on his back.

"Sneak attack!" I shout.

He laughs and spins me around.

"Well, aren't you energetic this morning, Speedy." He says with a smile.

He says that name and it echos in my head.

Speedy

A flash of light blinds my vision and I see myself shooting electricity out of my hands.

"Hey, Hunny. You okay?" My dad asks with his hand stabilizing me.

"Yeah. Just have a headache." I say laughing it off.

He nods and walks me over to Killian.

"He's all ready for your race today." Dad tells me.

"Ready to kick Maximus and Jackson's butt?" I ask Killian.

He flutters his lips in response. I rub his snout and turn to my dad.

"I'm gonna just go for a trot in the forest." I say opening Killian's stable door.

I walk him out of the barn and put his saddle on him. I climb up on him and flick the reins.

We ride through the woods for a little before I hear a faint noise.

Crying?

We ride in the direction of the sounds and we find a blonde girl. I slowly get off of Killian and approach the blonde.

"Are you alright?" I ask.

She slowly looks up with tears in her eyes.

"Ella?" She says.

"How do you know my name?" I say worriedly.

"You don't remember me?" She asks sadly.

"No. Should I?" I say.

"I'm Adora, your girlfriend." She says standing up slowly.

"My girlfriend? I've never met or seen you before." I say.

"Yes, you have. You gotta remember. You're Ella from Thaymor, daughter of Scott and Melissa. You have a brother named Jackson who is following in your footsteps and is becoming a Bright Moon guard. You love sunsets and sunrises, horse riding, and training. You're very protective of the people you love and you usually get hurt because of that. But I know you do that because you don't want to lose anyone else." She says standing up and slowly walking towards me.