White Out

"The Dragon's Daughter Five. She cuts a fine line on the sea, does she not?" Sea Hawk asks.

"Wait. What happened to the Dragon's Daughter Four? Oh, oh, oh, was it adventure?" Bow says mimicking Sea Hawk voice and stance.

"No. Termites. I couldn't save the old girl. Anyway, I'm honored to be a part of another daring mission for the Rebellion." Sea Hawk says.

"Well, you know, we needed a boat to get up here, and you have a boat." Adora points out.

"Yes, I do. Heh. Truth be told, I was glad to have something to do. Mermista canceled our plans this week, and she's hanging out with her other friends and didn't invite me to join. I...." Sea Hawk says sadly.

"Well, let this mission distract you from all that. We've received reports of Horde activity in the Northern Reach. They've set up some kind of outpost, but we have no idea why." Glimmer explains.

"The Northern Reach is nothing but snow and ice. What could they possibly be doing?" Bow asks.

"I don't know, but it can't be good." Adora says.

The boat continues to cruise along the water and I find myself sitting against a crate knees to chest shivering.

'I'm usually pretty good in the cold but it feels different.'

Adora walks up and shakes me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, how are you doing?" She asks sitting beside me.

"Never better." I say sarcastically.

She chuckles and pulls me into a side hug.

"We're almost there. Are you warm enough? You're cold to the touch." She asks.

"I'm actually pretty cold. This jacket is not helping. How are you not cold?" I say looking at her in her She-Ra form.

"I don't know. I guess it's another perk of being She-Ra." She says with a shrug.

"Other than being cold, how are you doing with the whole water and boat thing?" She asks.

"Still anxious but better than last time." I tell her.

We docked and are now heading on foot towards the outpost.

"Come to think of it, Mermista never invites me to hang out with her other friends. I mean, heh, am I not cool enough to for them? I am so cool. I'm Sea Hawk." Sea Hawk rambles.

There are huge indents in the path almost like trails. Adora kneels down and investigates.

"What's wrong? Did you see something?" Glimmer asks.

"No. I think there's something else out here." Adora tells her.

"You know, they say all sorts of strange things happen in the Northern Reach. Voices on the wind. Monsters in the snow. Machines break down. Sailors disappear without a trace. We could be next! I am cool, right. I am. Right?" Sea Hawk tells before he switches topics.

I groan and cross my arms trying to heat up my hands. I walk over to Bow and look over his shoulder.

"My tracker pad's been on the fritz ever since that rogue communications hub messed with it. I'm having trouble pinpointing the Horde's location." Bow announces.

"Worry not. We'll follow our instincts! This way!" Sea Hawk shouts.

"Or there's this new signal. It's big. It looks like a First Ones tech signature." Bow says.

"That's where the Horde will be." Adora says before heading in the opposite direction that Sea Hawk was pointing.

We finally reach the outpost and meet some familiar foes.