The Price of Power

*Later that night*

I had gotten up to get a glass of water when I hear Adora shout. I rush into our room to see Shadow Weaver standing in front of her and Adora with her sword raised.

I stand their shocked in fear. 'She's here. She gonna hurt Adora. I feel paralyzed. I can't move.' My breathing picks up and the room feels like it's caving in. My hands start to shake and I start to sweat.

"Adora." Shadow Weaver says before she falls forward onto the ground.

"Shadow Weaver?" Adora says.

She looks up from Shadow Weaver to me. She runs over to me and steadies me.

"Hey, I'm here. What's wrong?" She asks.

I try to tell her but the words won't come out. I lean against the wall and pull at the collar of my shirt.

"Shh-sh—shes he-ere." I say.

Adora looks back at Shadow Weaver and then back to me.

"It's okay. She's not going to hurt you. I won't let her." Adora comforts.

'I just got to breath.'

I try to do the breathing thing Angella taught me but it's not working. When it doesn't work it makes me even more panicked.

"Sh—shes g-g-going to h-hurt you." I say.

"That's not gonna happen. Look at me." She says.

My eyes shift up to hers instead of around the room.

"I'm here. I'm okay. See." She says taking my hand and placing it on her heart. I look forward at my hand and hers.

I feel the rhythm of her heart. The rise and fall of her chest. My eyes move back up to hers. She's smiling at me sweetly with a hint of worry. My breathing starts to slow down and I start to feel better.

When I've calmed down Adora looks at me and asks a question.

"What was that? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Angella said it's called a panic attack. It's when you have an extreme episode of fear. This one was different then the last one." I tell her.

"Last one?" She asks.

"Yeah, I had another one after our uh.. run in with the bounty hunters. I'll explain everything but first we need to tell Angella about Shadow Weaver." I say.

*Time Skip*

We're all now in our day clothes heading to meet Angella at the "prison". When we arrive Adora seems confused.

"This is the prison?" Adora asks.

"Yes, it's the prison." Angella snaps.

"Your Majesty, I know Shadow Weaver. I know her tricks. I need to be there for the interrogation, I'm the only one who..." Adora starts but Angella interjects.

"Shadow Weaver is dangerous. I will not let that woman near you. Near any of you. You are to stay away from this room." Angella orders.