𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩. [𝐅𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤]

𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Scarlett can you stop for five fucking seconds?!" Colin shut my suitcase that was on the bed as I was grabbing items from my closet. "Colin seriously?" I whispered as I went to our bedroom door to close it knowing Cosmo and Rose would possibly be listening at his tone and how loud he was getting.

Colin has been complaining for the past hour because I told him I had to pack for my flight to Los Angeles. Y/n left almost a week ago because she had a game in Houston and then had to head back to LA for practices and stuff so, I've been missing her. But, contrary to popular belief, I'm not going to LA for her this time. I have work to do, a last minute meeting with my lawyers, and my court date with Romain, and yes, of course, I want to see Y/n but I didn't tell Colin that of course.

"Why do you keep going to LA? It's like you don't even want to be here anymore, we haven't had alone time in a while, you seem a bit disconnected at times-"

"Colin, just like you have a job and work to do, I do as well and unlike yours, mine requires me to take more work trips and travel, you know that and you knew that from the jump. I have things to do in LA, that's why I didn't sell my house there, you knew that as well. I can't just drop everything I'm doing, I have to keep making money to provide for my kids and myself."

"Are you seriously making your work seem more important than mine? I understand that but, you're going more than you ever have before. And you act as if I don't provide for this family as well, yeah you make more money than me, the whole world knows that Scarlett, yay you I just-"

"That's not what I was alluding to. This isn't anything to argue over, I'll be back next week. And you know I have court in LA with Romain."

Colin opens my suitcase and begins to point at it before taking things out as he began to talk again. "This- this doesn't look like a week trip."

"I might have to extend my trip- Colin what's the real problem here, we never have a problem with this."

"Are you fucking serious?" Colin mumbles as he runs his hand through his hair. "I don't have time for this, I need to go pack Cosmo and Rose's stuff." I begin walking towards the bedroom door when Colin quickly stands in front of me. His tall frame blocking the door.

"What now? Colin I don't have time for this, I need to get ready to leave." I began getting frustrated by his antics. Yes he has good reason to be upset and concerned but still, he acts like when Y/n isn't here that I totally brush him off.

I've tried to keep things as they were so he wouldn't suspect anything. I'm super affectionate, no matter how off it feels to me now, I'm in his arms more than half of the time, I tried to keep it as close to how things were before she came back in the picture and I've done a good job at it. Clearly, there's something else going on.

"You're not taking Cosmo to LA, he's staying here with me."

"And where's he going to go when you're at work?" I questioned knowing I'm the one who sets everything up or stays home with the kids. "I'll have that figured out- he's my son too Scarlett, you act like I can't take care of him."

"I'm not saying you can't take care of him Colin-"

"You're not taking him to LA, that's the end of that."

"Excuse me?!" I said baffled at his tone as he started walking over to the bed. "He's been on planes back and forth over the past few months, he needs a break, and if you're going to LA for business, why let him be in the way of that, you'll be too busy right?"