𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Casey stared at me waiting for me to tell him what was going on and why I was back in New York so early. "Wait- I thought they won? Aren't you going to the Super Bowl?"

"Yeah I'm going to fly back but- I just, I couldn't be around her anymore. I was going to blow up- I needed to leave." I explained, frustrated at the thought of Scarlett.

"So you flew back to New York instead of getting a hotel or something in San Francisco?" Okay he has a point. "If you knew what I knew, if you saw what I saw and you were in my position, trust me, you'd also want to be over 2,000 miles away from her."

"When you say her, you mean Scarlett right?" Casey questioned trying to piece together what's going on with me. "Bro, I'm missing some big pieces to this puzzle. You decided to come to my place instead of your own home, what the hell is going on? What did Scarlett do to you?"

I clasped my hands together as I pondered the image in my head. I continued to replay events in my head. Every time I left Scarlett and Y/n alone, what were they actually doing?

When I'd come home and they'd be in a room together what were they doing together before i arrived? But what keeps sticking out to me is the look on Scarlett's face when Y/n went down on the field. She looked more worried than I did, as if she was scared she'd lose her. Then to tie it all together, how she acted in the hospital room. Their eye contact, was it more than just eye contact?

All those trips back and forth to LA, where Y/n lives, it could make sense. Madison could've been right. She had been with Y/n for a while so she would know if something was different with her. Plus, women usually have a better sense for these type of things.

Why'd I turn a blind eye to this? I thought they were a one time thing of the past? Did she lie to me about that too? Were they once something more?

"Colin." Casey said snapping me out of my thoughts. "She's been cheating on me this whole time." I said finally accepting everything I just pieced together. "Scarlett? There's no way, she wouldn't do that-"

"Except she did and I'm so fucking stupid!" I said as I sprung out of my seat, pacing the room. "I should've saw the signs, all her trips to LA, her late night phone calls, the plan B, the condoms in her bag- there's so many things she did that I completely ignored. And of all people, Madison is the one who got me to see it, she left the thought in my head- I need to go check the house, I know there has to be more. She was so secretive with her stuff when she got back home from LA. There's probably love letters and-"

"Whoa whoa, hold on, Madison? As in Y/n's ex girlfriend? What the hell are you doing talking to her? What the hell does she have to do with anything?" Casey began getting concerned and upset that I was even associating with her.

Y/n and Casey are close so of course he's all for cutting off the exes of the family. I chuckled knowing I was about to blow his mind.

"What's funny?" Casey asked concerned by my sudden laughter. "Y/n's been screwing my wife. Madison was right."

I looked over to Casey and he sat there not knowing what to say to me. "Colin why would you say that- that's-"

"Sick? Gross? Disgusting? Yeah I know, I mean maybe she thought because she had Scarlett first that she could have her back-"

"She had Scarlett first? I'm so lost." Casey looked like his head was spinning. I explained to him their history, or at least what Scarlett told me which could possibly all be lies at this point. Casey just stared at me not knowing what to say or do. "And you learned all this from Madison?"