VII

I woke up half past seven, which is, if you know me, pretty late

I woke up half past seven, which is, if you know me, pretty late. I got up, drank a glass of water and decided to settle for a bowl of sugary, chocolate cereals. I'd have to settle to this since I haven't yet gotten my groceries. Speaking of breakfast, I of course re-filled Chicken Nugget's food bowl, my baby munching hungrily in. The weather this morning looks great, the sky is bright, a few chunky clouds littering here and there but not much that would indicate the possibility of raining.

I subconsciously scrolled through my social media, still eating my breakfast at the same time. 

I double tapped on a very recent post of Ohm, seeing a photo of my brother

I double tapped on a very recent post of Ohm, seeing a photo of my brother. Of course the two finally made up. They always do - no matter the argument or misunderstanding, we just know that they'd always mend things between them. I scroll through Instagram, liking a few photos here and there. I try to dodge the e-mail notifications that I'm getting because I can see that it's clearly work-related. I know I have a deadline in six months (a major deadline, actually) but I've just been kind of procrastinating on it. It's not that I'm feeling uninspired, I just haven't gotten that feeling, that certain jolt of inspiration, that I can feel creep through my skin, an electricity-type of feeling, y'know? Well, I don't know if it's just me but that's my clear indication of a solid inspiration. Also, six months may seem like a long time but for me, considering the amount of work that I should be doing, that's heck of a short time, really.

Basically, I'd be having an exhibit in a gallery where I'd be showcasing a few of my recent and most notable works. I'd also be conducting an auction, selling my works and giving the proceeds to my foundation. Seems like a lot of work, huh? Yeah it is. My manager has been breathing on my neck the past months and I can't blame her, the lady's beyond stressed.

I've been lost in my thoughts when I feel Chicken Nugget pawing my leg, tail wagging excitedly as he looks up at me with that cute beady eyes that he knows I wouldn't be able to resist. "You done with your food?" I ask him, scratching the back of his ear. "You wanna go out?" I ask again and with the mention of out, he scratches on my leg more excited than before, making me chuckle. My baby truly is the cutest.

I went over to the sliding door leading to the backyard and almost immediately, my dog zooms past me, tripping on his own feet as he jumped down the few flights of steps. He smiles from ear to ear, barking and just enjoying the early morning sunshine which made me smile. My baby's happiness is also mine's so.. I went back into the kitchen, grabbing my bowl and dumping all my other dishes in the sink. Yes, I do have this horrible habit where I get really lazy at night, just leaving my dirty dishes on the counter tops. I always put in time to tidy them up the next morning, though.