IX

It's currently 6:23 am, the sun just perched its way through Boun's kitchen glass sliding doors, making their way in his house

It's currently 6:23 am, the sun just perched its way through Boun's kitchen glass sliding doors, making their way in his house. As soon as he's done preparing his coffee of the day, he makes his way to the said doors, pulling them open so he could let the fresh morning air in. This is one of the few moments in his house that he likes the most - chill mornings spent in his ambient kitchen. The soft rays of the sun entering his home makes him feel so refreshed, something that he likes to feel every morning before starting any of his hectic works. 

He sits at one of the dining chairs, taking small sips of his coffee as he lets the cold taste slide through his mouth. He isn't that much of a coffee person but the past month, he noticed how his appreciation towards the drink grew. He wouldn't admit that it's because of a certain person, though.

Speaking of that one specific boy, Boun hasn't seen him in about two weeks now (not that he's been counting, though). After the day that he caught a common cold and Prem magically appeared in front of his door step, he hasn't seen the guy. He wouldn't admit that he kind of, sort of, miss his company, though.

Boun heaves a sigh, scrolling through his social media accounts and taking note of the e-mails that he has to attend to this morning. Though he works from home, his work seems as stressful as those of which are held in an office set-up. He endlessly feels lucky, though, that his time is flexible and that he can do what he's passionate about. He opens his Instagram, seeing a new post from Prem. As if on instinct, he double tapped the photo, a red heart blooming from it. He smiles, typing a little comment for his friend. 

Boun can't help but to wonder how Prem is doing. They haven't been talking much - not like before. Prem said that he's busy with his classes, said that he has so much stuff to submit and on top of it all, their finals are coming. Of course, Bound doesn't want to interfere with all his school-related endeavors. So instead, he opens his laptop, opting to use it instead as he sees a good amount of e-mails that's pending in his inbox. He pushes the thought lingering in his head - when will I see him again?

--

I smiled as I posted my reply for Boun's comment, closing my phone and setting it back on the counter top. I grabbed a muffin, touching the top part of it, admiring how perfect they came out to be. It's my first time perfecting these and I am beyond glad that they came out good.