XVII

"Sorry, Dear

"Sorry, Dear. Really, I am. But I've already found someone who will rent this space. And they were able to pay for three months advance. Sorry." Ms. Frances, my landlord explains as she checks my, well, my ex apartment now I guess. She's got a huge set of keys on one hand and a clipboard on the other.

My stuff are already packed, actually. Some of my clothes are already in Samantha's place, some are in Earth's, a few others in Flukes. 

Lately, my life's been feeling like a messy puzzle. Actually, that's an understatement. 

What can be used to describe something that's so messy? So scattered?

"Yeah, no, um, I get it." I mumbled with a smile, putting packaging tape over the lid of yet again, another box with my stuff in it. Ms. Frances has been a very nice and considerate land lord. I didn't want to make a fuss about, well, basically getting kicked out. I was way behind my rent, most of the time, anyway.

For someone who doesn't have (and never had) a definite place to live in, I sure do have a lot of stuff. I may be called a hoarder by some but in my defense, I'm just a very sentimental person. I find it hard to just throw away stuff.

Movie tickets from 3 years ago when Sam and I went to the movies when she dragged me because she liked the actors? I still have it here with me. (8/10 by the way. I ended up liking both actors - Win and Janella are their names, if I remember it correctly. But I didn't like the ending of the movie).

Ikea receipt from last year when I purchased my green bedside table? I still have it here. It's a purchase that I'm proud of. I bought it when I got my Christmas bonus. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away.

Books and school notes from high school? Yup, still here with me. Who knows, I might still need these for reference some day.

A big purple paper clip from high school? Nothing significant about it. I just grabbed it from a teacher's table when got called to the faculty. It looks cute, though, so I kept it. 

A limited edition Coca-Cola bottle from 8 years ago? Why did I get this? I don't know. But the "limited edition" branding was too inviting, I just had to get one. Also, the design is quite cute.

A bunch of polaroid films and photo booth copies from different times of our lives? All of us looking either goofy, tired, or even drunk. I like looking at them from time to time. Reminiscing the days that the four of us were just being reckless, spending so much time together as if we were attached to the hip.

A bunch of either mindless or cute little love notes? I kept them all. Regardless of what might be in them - I can't bring myself to just get rid of them.

Trinkets. That's what people would call the majority of the stuff that I keep in various old shoe boxes or even recycled skincare containers.

Sentiments. That's a more fitting word, I think.