X

Considering the different ranges of career path that we are to partake, our friend group tend to have our own little worlds

Considering the different ranges of career path that we are to partake, our friend group tend to have our own little worlds. It's even crazy to think that maybe in the future, when we're all already working, we might have to schedule our meet-ups or dates like this just so that we could all hangout. Then again, change is inevitable. Might as well enjoy the time that we still have together, right?

"What are you thinking about?" Kao nudges me with his elbow as he plops down beside me. I silently offer my drink to him, the straw right in front of his lips.

I shrug my shoulders, "Just.. stuff." I smile.

"I was kind of hoping you'd say you were thinking about me." He retorts, shaking his head a little, acting all cute and disappointed. I pinch his cheek, adoring my boyfriend as I sat much more closer to him, as if it were even possible, considering the very little gap between us.

"What's up with them?" I ask, pointing towards Ohm and Fluke. Kao shrugs, chuckling to himself. His eyes scans our messy table and I grabbed my basket of fries, pushing it towards him and he smiles at me, kissing my temple before grabbing a handful of the greasy food.

"Fluke didn't score for the final round and he's insisting that Ohm somehow pushed him so that the ball would swivel." My boyfriend narrates, chuckling a bit.

"Babe, I was literally standing ten feet away from you." Ohm retorts, holding on to his stomach as he laughs, voice echoing through the packed bowling alley. Fluke slaps his arm, making the taller guy laugh even more.

"You pushed me!" Fluke rolled his eyes, folding his arms in front of his chest, earning yet again another laugh from his boyfriend.

This is such a typical sight for us - Ohm and Fluke bickering at the simplest things possible. Somehow, they manage to act like a couple who's still in their first few months of dating. you know, the phase where you get to know each other and somehow you still find stuff about your partner that irritates you to no end. They've been dating for years now but they still communicate like cats and dogs. It's annoying sometimes but at this day and rate, we've kind of got used to it. 

"Imagine them 10 years from now." Kao comments, chuckling a little as Fluke tried to once again punch Ohm's arm, the latter running away before he could land it on him, though. I giggled at the sight.

"Best believe, they're going to be 10 times worse than than this." I shake my head giggling a little. 

"Awe, I was just kidding!" Ohm tries to coo as Fluke threw himself beside me, sitting down with his arms still crossed in front of him, a pout prominent on his lips, making me laugh at how child-like he looks like right now. Though he's older than me by a year, he actually acts like a baby some times. But he ever really gets this silly whenever he's with Ohm. He secretly likes it when Ohm babies him, he wouldn't admit it but it's too obvious.

"He cheated with the game." Fluke turned to Kao and I, nodding a little, an eyebrow raised. We looked at Ohm, a goofy smile on his face, trying so hard to hold in his laughter.

"You kinda really sucked at it, actually." I comment as Fluke throws a crumpled up tissue paper directly at my face.

"I was not! Ohm was being an asshole whenever it was my turn!" He whines.

"Sure he was." I dismissed as Ohm plops down beside his boyfriends, trying to wrap his arms around him as he did so. 

The two continue with their banter, fluke still insisting that Ohm somehow cheated with the game and the latter teasing his boyfriend further by saying that he naturally just sucked at it as Kao and I fell into a comfortable silence. I have my head on his shoulder, trying to rest while his steady breathing and the subtle movement of his chest lulls me in a deep comfort. He's mindlessly scrolling through IG, liking random cat posts occasionally. 

"What do you think's going on with Boun lately?" He asks, voice smooth as compared to the loud environment that we are in.

"Hm?"

"Boun, I mean, he's been kind of preoccupied lately, yeah?" By the mention of  his brother's name, Fluke turned his head to our directions, our eyes meeting in slight panic. We haven't told Ohm and Kao how we found out about Prem and Boun's little escapade the past week yet. 

"I think so, too. He's been kind of weird lately." Ohm chimes in.

"Weird how?" I ask, trying to see their input on this.

Ohm shrugs his shoulder. "I don't know, I mean, he's always been such a homebody ever since.. you know. But he seems kind of different this time." He tries to explain.

"Weirdly different but, not in his usual Boun-type of weird." Kao interjects.

"Yeah, something like that." Ohm agrees.

"Hm." I hear fluke hum and as I look over at him, he looks like he's deep in thought. We talked to Prem about this, about all of it, and him and Boun seeing each other, we were opposed to it, especially Fluke. Maybe his over-protective side is showing but I kinda get him. Boun went through a lot since Pineare passed - we all went through a lot. I get that he just doesn't want his brother to go through with it all over again. 

"What actually makes him even more weird is that.." Ohm starts again, munching on the slice of pepperoni pizza on his hands. "he seems giddy these past few days."

"Right? He's been active on his social medias, too." Kao interjects, looking over his best friend while Fluke and I shot each other these warry glances. Aside from Boun's family, these two has been super protective over him. Fluke and I discussed about this and though we want to open the topic to our boyfriends, we have to carefully think about it all, too.

"Yeah and that worries me to an extent." Ohm mumbles. "We all know what went on when he was this giddy and happy."

--------

Hello!! First of all, happy new year to every one! Yes, I know, I've been MIA but I've one day decided to pick up on this since there were some people who had been asking me about this story. I'm sorry, I've been dealing with some stuff the past months. 

Anyway, I hope you like this new chapter! I'm kindly asking for your feedback and likes so that I can decide if I should continue and finish this or just leave it discontinued:< 

THANK YOU AGAIN AND I HOPE YOU HAVE/HAD A GREAT DAY!!!