XII

BOUN'S POV

Some days, time seem to flow by faster than usual

Some days, time seem to flow by faster than usual. Then there are days like these, like today - Friday, when I wish time would just hurry up and just wrap the week up. It's not like I've got anything planned for the weekend but I want to feel relaxed - I want my mind to feel at ease, like not on edge, anticipating a call or an email from a client or even my manager. 

Ever since I got our house all to myself, I essentially became a homebody. I mean, I've always found comfort in staying at home but I was never this kept to myself 2 years ago. I would make plans with my friends, girlfriend and we'd all hangout. We were like a huge friend group back then but things changed after that night. I know that I should move on soon, eventually, but i can't help but to look back on our memories when she was still here with me.

We had plans, we had a future together, but Cancer really just sucks that way.

Anyway, though my mind still gets flooded with all the what ifs and the should've beens and could've beens, I try my absolute best to not get consumed by such thoughts. I know it's going to be a long road of recovering ang forgetting or moving on but I'll get there - I'm getting there.

 I know it's going to be a long road of recovering ang forgetting or moving on but I'll get there - I'm getting there

The rest of my day is spent in my makeshift studio out at the back of the main house. It's basically as big as a shed but we tried our best to give it a different feel to it so that whenever I'm working in here, I wouldn't feel as if I'm just working... if that makes sense.

I just like feeling free whenever I paint - it reflects your art, that's what I believe in. I am a firm believer that, as an artist, the environment as to where you make art, has a great impact in what you are making. Anyway, though I try hard to keep my little work studio neat and tidy, most of the time it becomes a great mess. I usually just throw paint brushes around, sometimes I forget to wash them afterwards, leaving the paint to dry on them, making it almost impossible for me to reuse them again.

As the rays of sun creeps in through the window, I turned on my phone, seeing that it's almost 4 pm. I stretched out my legs, cracking my neck from side to side as I did so. My lower back's been hurting because I've been sitting down most of my days, working relentlessly on a few pieces that I need to be done in four months. As the deadline of my work draws near, I could feel the bubbles in my stomach start to brew. This is my biggest project to date and I just want everything to run smoothly.

My phone dings as I was about to set it back down on the desk in front of me.

I dropped my paintbrush on the table, untangling the knot of my apron as I walked towards the main house and straight to the front door. I looked at the screen of the intercom and sure enough, the boy is standing in front of the door, his off-white tote bag on one shoulder.

I opened the door for him as the same time as I took off my apron. "Hey, what brings you here?" I ask, brushing my hair down as the strap of the apron got caught on my head for a moment there.

"Just wanted to give you these." He almost shoves two white boxes on my chest, making me heave a breath.

"Oh, thanks! What are these?" I smile at him, and gently examined the boxes I almost immediately got a whiff of the sweet scent of the pastry inside. "No way.."

Prem just nods, smiling shyly as he scratches the back of his head. "You seemed to like them, the first time I made it so.."

"I really did! I ate a lot that day." We both laughed in agreement because it's true. That time that he baked cinnamon rolls, I was devouring it like crazy! I don't remember liking cinnamon rolls before but I guess the way  Prem makes them is just so so good that I couldn't resist taking multiples in one sitting. I opened the door wider for him and stepped aside. He looked contemplative. 

"I.. I shouldn't.." He barely made out a mumble but I caught on to it. He suddenly looked stressed, eyebrows meeting to a line as he bowed his head, eyes not meeting my gaze.

"Why? I mean, are you busy.." I was confused. Just mere second ago he was glowing and beaming but now, his face dropped. He really looks like he's thinking about something. "I can listen, y'know." I offered subtly, moving in front of him to take a better look of his face. I prayed that he wouldn't be weirded out or get even more stressed with our proximity - I don't think he is, though.

"I.." He breathes in deeply, closing his eyes as he exhales shakily. Now I'm worried. I haven't seen him this distraught before. He's always been so upbeat and smiling and even kind of sassy ever since I met him months ago. 

"Okay, I'm not going to force you to tell me anything, just remember that I am all ears, you can tell me anything. But if you don't want to," I stopped my spiel for a moment, glancing at the clock. "I'm about to prepare for dinner. Maybe you'd want to stay and eat with me?" I took a leap as I offered. We hung out a couple of times already but he usually comes at noon or even after breakfast - never at the time of dinner, so this is kind of new to me, to both of us. But, would that make much of a difference? We're just hanging out as usual, though, right?

"I.. I don't want to be a burden-"

"Of course you wouldn't be." I chuckle, tapping his shoulder with my free hand, the other still clutching the boxes of cinnamon rolls on the other. "I offered because I wanted to." I reassured him, my hand going back to his shoulder, giving it a little squeeze. He seemed to be startled with the gesture because his head shot up to look at me, his eyes glistening with what seems like unshed tears. "Come on in, it's getting kinda cold out." I told him with a small smile and stepping aside once again, letting him come in for real this time.

(っ◔◡◔)っ ❤

(っ◔◡◔)っ ❤

We're getting to the good part let's freaking goooo lol thank you for the support the past couple of weeks:< Please leave me some comments/feedback so I'd know where to improve! <3

Next update will be when this chapter reaches 28 stars!:>

❤(っ^▿^)