XI

IMPORTANT: Hi! If you've been reading this story since about 2 years ago, I made little changes in some of the characters' ages, please just take note of that. It just needed to be done so that the plot aligns well.  Also, it was brought to my attention that some parts were kind of confusing in regards to pov so starting here, I'll indicate as to whose POV it is. Thank you, carry on!:)

--------

PREM'S POV

It's the midterms week

It's the midterms week. Sam, Fluke, and I have been studying relentlessly the past three days. It's not like I wanted to, but Fluke's been nagging Samantha and I, saying that we should be exerting extra effort and keeping tabs of our grades as early as now.

"I thought grades would only matter when you're, like, in the 4th year." Samantha grumbles and Fluke heaves a sigh. I can't blame him. Sam and I, for the past few days, have been complaining endlessly.

"That's what you thought. third year grades are more crucial." The oldest among us says, eyes not taking off of the papers in front of him. Fluke's indeed in his third year of college, while Sam and I are freshies. He's always been like the mother of our group, I mean, besides Coo. Coo transferred to a different university to pursue Fashion Designing. 

"We've been studying for three days." I sigh under my breath, taking a chip from the almost empty bag in front of us. Okay, you could say that Sam and I have been mostly snacking rather than studying.

"Sam and I have been studying for three days, you've been mostly on your phone." Fluke nags, shooting me a stern look. 

"Yeah, why haven't you been cramming? You seem kind of.. relaxed..." Sam asks, eyebrows meeting together, looking ever so confused. See, Sam and I both study Interior Design as freshies. She loves the course but I, I'm just studying to survive. I still don't know what the heck I want to do after graduating. All I know right now when it comes to college, is that I'd have to survive the four years so that no one would nag me about getting a diploma and all that.

I shrug my shoulders. "I've always been laxed with college." I say, trying to sound nonchalant. I mean, it isn't entirely a lie but it isn't the exact truth either. I can't just blatantly tell them that the reason why I haven't been exerting much effort in reviewing is because I've reviewed almost a month ago thanks to the review sessions that I've been using as an excuse whenever I was going over to Boun's house. See, it all started when I returned the review book that I didn't really need and from there, it became kind of our routine to meet - with me telling him some lame excuse about a quiz or an oral recitation that is most of the time, not true at all.

Knowing Boun's naturally generous and kind attitude, I knew he wouldn't say no to me.

"No but, like, you're extra relaxed lately. Confident, even."

Fluke raise his eyebrows, closing his notebook in front of him. "Yeah, actually. You're never confident especially before taking an exam."

"Hey, you both make me sound like I don't care about my education." I scowl at my friends, grabbing a random book from my bag and turning it to whatever page, a pout now on my face.

Fluke and Sam momentarily looks at each other before they both burst out laughing, making me look at them in dismay. "You never cared about your education, especially when you started college." Fluke says with a shake of his head. "Seriously, you seem kind of confident, as if you've reviewed already." He adds on, going back to his notes, flipping over to the page where he stopped previously. I bit my lip, slowly grabbing the pages of my notebook, eyes scanning my notes though my head's in a completely different place.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket as soon as I felt it vibrate. A message from Samantha appears. 

I cannot bring myself to tell them the truth - only Samantha knows

I cannot bring myself to tell them the truth - only Samantha knows. She's been there for me this whole time, never did she turn her back on me since we were in high school. I may be a few years older than her but she's really wise and quite mature for her age. 

Though I really hate lying to Fluke and Coo and the others, I just can't bring myself to tell them that, well, Boun and I have been acquainted again. I know that Ohm and Kao for sure knows that I'm back but I'm betting that they don't know that Boun and I have already met up, quite a few times at that. 

I am guilty, honestly. But ever since I saw him again that one day that I was walking around the neighborhood - though it wasn't intentional, I just couldn't bring myself to not talk to him again. As soon as I saw him, it felt like that magnetic force was once again back, easily pulling me closer to him. It isn't his fault, it's all mine. I take full responsibility. Not just speaking about the past buy also the circumstance that lead him back to me. 

I've got a lot of fixing to do and if I do not reconnect back with him, how am I supposed to make things right?

I was in a trance when I felt Sam nudge me with her elbow. I look at her with unshed tears straining my sight. I blinked hard, getting rid of the salty water in my eyes. I should pull myself together. Especially when I'm in front of them. Samantha gave me a small thumbs up, as if silently asking me if I'm all good. I nodded a little, forcing a small curve to appear on my lips. I know I can tell her anything but it's just not the right time and place to spill my thoughts to her. 

Though everything has been so messed up and frustrating, I still try my best to compose myself. These are all my fault, anyway. I've just got to find a way to fix things - to fix everything. 

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

I hope you like this little chapter. I'll update again when this chapter gets 20 stars!:) Thank you!!!

ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ