Chapter 11

Even if her workload is a little bit full at the moment, Camila still feels good about everything. She doesn't mind, she likes her job no matter how much hectic or stressful it can get sometimes.

Her dad never understood it. He never understood her. Mostly because he never spent much time with her. He only ever does when he reprimands her of anything she does, undermine her as a person. He expected her to be someone she is not. He criticized her, and her every choice in life. Camila loves her dad, but their differences in personality and opinions put a huge wedge in their relationship. It became so much worse when her mom was killed tragically.

Camila had a difficult time growing up under the scrutiny of her dad. If it wasn't for Lauren, she didn't think she could be a fraction of decent person. If it wasn't for Lauren being there for her, she would've become the worst version of both herself and her father combined.

Now, she is out of her father's hair. He still calls from time to time to check on her, try to lure her in his business, sending her money and insults all the same. But she doesn't give much thought about him. She stopped caring, looking for his approval. She now controls her life and it has never been better. Especially when she has Lauren and Normani to come home to every night.

She is very happy that everything worked out with Normani and Lauren. It has been a week and even though the two still seems to be awkward around each other, their supposed friendship as fragile as an eggshell, they were at least getting along somehow. Lauren is okay with Normani staying in their apartment, and Normani is okay with Camila being intimate with Lauren occasionally as well.

She was humming through her paperwork, fleeting thoughts of Lauren and Normani laying on her bed with her in it too running freely in her mind, when somebody perched their big butt on her desk, picking a random file. She looks up, finds her beautiful boss reading through the said file.

"I need you to stop working on this for now. Let one of the interns handle it. You and I are going to the Petersons today to oversee the installment of their new furniture. Get up now, we're taking your car,"

Dinah leaves Camila's desk, slinging her Balenciaga purse over her arm, then briskly walking away towards the elevator.

It dawns on Camila that she is about to get her supposed punishment because of her being m.i.a one afternoon last week. It sucks to be the one dealing with the difficult client but she doesn't have much choice. She would rather not disappoint her gorgeous boss one more time.

"Yes, ma'am,"

Camila clears away her desk, stacking her portfolios neatly before grabbing her satchel bag. She follows Dinah who was already strutting away. She catches up with her just in time for the elevator to close.

"Are we talking to both Petersons today or is just one of them?" Camila asks, checking out her boss's figure-hugging outfit.

The woman was wearing a crimson red, slim off-shoulder, halter knee-length dress that complimented her tanned skin, wavy blonde locks and hourglass figure. Paired with nude four-inch high-heels, Camila's boss looked spectacularly hot. So hot, her blood is heating up very quickly all the way down to her family jewels.

"Neither,"

Dinah flips her luscious blonde mane over her shoulder, then turns to face Camila while leaning backwards to the shiny elevator wall.

"It's just you. And me," she licks her lips sensuously, staring deep in Camila's brown eyes, "And some workers,"

Camila swallows the lump forming in her throat. She doesn't break eye contact with Dinah. She feels hot and thirsty and any second longer in that enclosed space alone with her sexy boss, she would have kissed her senseless. Good thing the elevator doors finally open. Dinah smirks at her before walking ahead.