Chapter 17

Even with the self-loathing looming in the back of her head, it still feels so great to be back home in LA. However, Camila came home to an empty apartment. Because Normani and Lauren decided to go out shopping with Ally. They both left a message for her in her voicemail, telling her that they would probably take a while.

It makes Camila happy that Lauren and Normani gets along just fine. They still bicker but they don't tiptoe around each other anymore. The conversations are much easier nowadays. Things are really working out with them.

Camila tosses her bag in the corner of the room. She goes to her bathroom, removes her clothes. She doesn't hate travelling but it makes her tired. She takes a warm shower, trying to put away the guilt that was creeping in because she had been too rough with her stepmother. She never meant to be so cruel. She was just so angry, the woman just doesn't know when not to cross boundaries. She just lost it, inflicting pain to the woman who took advantage of her when she was fourteen.

Although a part of her hopes that what she did will work. That her stepmother won't bother her anymore. Now that the woman is aware that Camila can wreck her ass, literally, she would stay away. If she knows what's good for her rectum and bowels, she would do just that.

Camila finishes up in the shower. She then goes to the kitchen. She finds food in the fridge, a chocolate pecan pie, takes it and eats it right off the tray. It was so good she finished it all, it must have been Lauren's cooking. She was washing off in the sink when she heard the girls came in, giggling. She steps out of the kitchen to go greet them. She has never felt so much better until she sees her girls.

"Hey!"

Lauren, Normani and Ally turn to her all at once.

"Babe!!"

"Camzi!"

Normani and Lauren squeal at the same time. Normani runs to her very quick, jumping at her in one big koala hug, dropping the shopping bags she was carrying. As if she hasn't seen her in years, when in fact, it was just a little more than one day. She then gives Camila one big sloppy kiss before letting go.

Camila then gathers Lauren in her arms, in a more normal hug than Normani gave her, but still warm and perfectly good nonetheless. She kisses her mouth too, not so sloppily but firmly. Mostly to stop her from asking about her trip to London. If she wasn't vaguely aware of Ally's presence, she would have deepened her kiss with Lauren.

Speaking of Ally, she stared open-mouthed at the display she just witnessed.

"H-hey Mila!" She nervously greets Camila with a wave, much less enthusiastic than the other two, slightly wondering if she is required to do what they just did.

"Mila went to London to see her dad! Now she's back and we really, really missed her," Normani says, wrapping her arms around Camila's waist from behind, pecking, nuzzling the side of her neck, "Right Lauren?"

"Mmhmm," Lauren confirms, leaning back comfortably and happily at Camila's embrace.

"Okay. What is going on?" Ally gets over her shock, hands motioning to the three people in front of her getting a little too touchy with one another. "What— What in the holy hecklin's name is going on here?"

"Hugging, duh!" Normani rolls her eyes. "It's what you do when you miss people, Ally"

Lauren chuckles, looking at Camila, searching her brown eyes if it's okay to tell other people of their unusual set up, "We are a thing. Sort of. I mean we are in a relationship,"

"The three of you?"

"The three of us and Steve and Jimmy and Katya and Pauline from sixth floor. We all have a thing together. It's a three-way plus more. We'd ask you to join but it's getting a little too crowded," Normani passive-aggressively retorts.