Chapter 16

Camila loathes herself for being so weak. She promised herself to never give in to her stepmother ever again. Yet, one touch to the junk, she was a goner. She hates that about herself, her lack of self control, her excessively raging libido. The only person who can make it all feel better, make it all feel like it's alright, is not there with her to reassure her. She is starting to think that it was a mistake not to bring Lauren with her.

Ten hours in a private plane basically alone with her stepmother, something was definitely bound to happen. She had every chance to say no, to push away. At first she did, but once junior was sprung free out of her pants, she lost whatever little willpower she had.

Their pilot only checked on them a couple times, ignorant as fuck of what Camila and her stepmother were up to. Sneakily, they've made each other cum several times in several ways. All under the expensive, custom-made blankets with Camila's dad's initials printed in gold on it. All under the pretense of cuddling in shared grief that Alejandro Cabello was hurt, lying injured in some London hospital.

Truth is, neither have any thought to the man.

After ten hours of sneaky fucking, they arrive in London. Looking as if they haven't been doing the nasty. Amber insisted they go to one the family's residences first to freshen up, but Camila grumpily insisted they go to the hospital immediately. Their chauffeur wasn't sure who to follow. One burning glare from Camila, he nervously do what she demands. Amber only rolls her eyes.

At the hospital, they were greeted by the staff working for the Cabellos but Camila stomped right past them to Brad. He greets her with a big warm hug that she genuinely welcomes. The guy truly cared about her and her dad. She only holds some sort of secret grudge on him just because he is in love with Lauren.

He briefly asks about Lauren, not pressing too much about knowing how she is because he can see Camila is in a grumpy mood. He understands, because he has been a witness several times to Alejandro's cruel criticism of her. He takes her to the man himself, who was already conscious and impatiently waiting.

As it turns out, he tripped on a carpet, fell and injured his shoulder and arm. There wasn't any head injury or compromised heart and lungs, just strained muscles, dislocated shoulder and a broken arm. Amber put her fake sympathy on, overreacting as if her mega billionaire husband was terminally ill. Camila cuts the woman's Oscar-winning act and asks why her dad wanted her there.

He sends both Amber, Brad and the other hospital staff hovering over them like they were the royal family, out of the room.

"I'm thinking of retirement. Try to spend some time with Amber. I'd like to step down as CEO of Cabello Enterprises. But I would only do so if the company stays in the family. I have been considering to pass it all to you,"

"I don't know the first thing about being CEO, dad,"

"That's because you've been wasting your time playing stupid house, decorating other people's homes. You need to grow up, stop playing dollhouse. You are my only child and I'd like to pass the family legacy to you. I don't want you to squander it, burn it to the ground. I don't want you failing our great name, Karla Camila. It's about time you stop being such a disappointment to me, the family name..."

Camila clenches her jaw. He keeps on talking, having a litany about all of her failures and the things she has done that wasn't good enough for him or approved of. He sent for her, telling her he wants to pass the family business down to her yet he hasn't said anything nice to encourage her. She has had enough of his callousness.

"Too bad for you then, dad. If I'm such a disappointment, why hold up the hope I can be you? Newsflash dad, I am not you. I have no interest in the family business or all the other side businesses you have. You don't want the family legacy burning to the ground, pick Brad to be the next you. He is loyal to you and every bit of a better man than you,"