Chapter 20

Camila comes home with bruised knuckles that Lauren immediately notices. She tried to hide it in her pocket, she didn't want either Lauren or Normani worrying about it. But Lauren always sees things rather quickly than most people do so she had to consider whether to come up with excuses or just out with the truth. The entire truth.

With Lauren, its always the truth. Even if its ugly truth. Even if she lies, Lauren will just see through her. Besides, she never felt inclined to lie to Lauren about anything ever. But Normani was there too. Normani is different, she doesn't know her as much as Lauren do. Its all brand new to Camila to open up with her.

But she wanted to spend her life with Normani too. She wants to show her that this is who she is. Someone who never fit the mold for normal people. She wanted Normani to see that, to accept that. So the conversation that was supposed to be about her bruised knuckles eventually ended up becoming a confession of everything else she has had with her gorgeous boss, Dinah.

"You— What— I can't believe you! Lauren and me are still not enough for you?! You just— Lauren, did you know about this?"

Hovering by the kitchen counter, Lauren looks away, sips her tea, "Its not really my thing to talk about,"

"What?! You fucking knew?? And you're okay with it??"

"Mani—" Camila tries to speak.

"Stop! Shut up!! Camila I love you but I can't look at you right now,"

Normani starts crying, storming off. She goes to lock herself inside Camila's bedroom.

"I'm sorry, I kinda threw you under the bus there," Lauren says, finishing her tea.

"Yeah, you did. But I kinda deserve it too," Camila sits on the stool by the kitchen counter. "Besides, she gotta hear it from me. I gotta tell her at some point, might as well rip off that bandaid now,"

"How is your hand? Is it still sore? Do you need a bandaid for that?" Lauren deadpanned.

"Shut up. No, its not that sore anymore,"

Giggling, Lauren studies Camila's hand, checking for any swelling. "Well, there seems to be no fracture. But let's wrap it anyway. Give it a rest and... Maybe give Normani some little space,"

"I know,"

"You sure about that? I can see it in your face, staring in the hallway where she went, seconds away from going after her. You got that look on your face so," Lauren shrugs. "Give her a little time to process everything you just told her,"

"And if she doesn't forgive me? What if she leaves me?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Now, do you wanna tell me your boss's story? Because you seem very invested in it. So much that you did not only fucked her twice but you also punched a douche for her,"

Camila sighs, "It's not really my story to tell. But I'd punch any douche who would hurt her like that again,"

"Of course you would. Anyway, sit there, tell me a story anyway while I cook something. Hopefully Normani has calmed down when I finish, so you can apologize to her with food,"

"I can help,"

Lauren laughs, "Even with two good hands, you're useless in the kitchen, Camzi. Besides I like my kitchen tidy. It's always a wreck when you and Normani uses it,"

Camila pouts, "Fine I'll just humor you with a story then. So, we have this client..."

About an hour and a half of easy conversation later, Lauren finished cooking a dish worthy of being in the MasterChef. She prepared butter garlic chicken with oven roasted asparagus and basmati rice. She sets it on a tray, complete with cutlery and a tall glass of mango juice.