07; hot blooded

Carina's povNext day: 2nd period

Carina's pov
Next day: 2nd period

"Cmon! Come with me."

"I have a test to study for Nance!" i stumbled over my own feet as Nancy dragged me with her to Steve's class which was gym. I had free period which i had planned to use to study for my science test.

But it was too late. I was dragged into the gym with Nancy.

"Steve!" she shouted, interrupting the boys game of basketball.

He quickly turned to the door while the rest of them played the game.

He was quick to head towards us but they walked out the gym to go fight about last night's party.

Honestly there was no point in me coming here.

Yet i took a seat on the bleachers and watched the game continue. I was not going outside and getting in the middle of Nancy and Steve, hell no, thats a suicide mission.

Billy was in this class period and even though i despise him, he was good at basketball.

I watched him for a few moments until the teacher blew the whistle and told them to take a break.

The basketball rolled towards me and when i looked up i could see Billy walking over to get it.

So before he could, i snatched it off the ground.

"Give me that." he glared at me.

"No.... i dont think i will." i stood up and began to dribble it on the gym floor.

He watched my every move as i managed to guard the ball from him. I just wanted to be a bitch and keep it from him.

I ran over to the nearest hoop and aimed for the square on the backboard. It instantly went in.

Steve was actually the one who taught me how to make a shot every time. During my first year in Hawkins. I became friends with him and introduced Steve to Nancy which made them fall in love. Dont know what you would call it now considering they're fighting outside,

"I let you score." He rolled his eyes as he grabbed the ball and past it to me so we could have a do over.

"Mhm." i dribbled the ball and watched his every move. He was a rough player but shockingly he wasn't playing dirty. An asshole with limits.

I tried to run past him with the ball to shoot but as i was about to throw it, he tripped me. I lost my footing and almost fell backwards against the hard ground until he caught me. I was so close to just slamming against the hard floor.