14; photograph

Carina's povPrincipal's office

Carina's pov
Principal's office

"Carina what were you thinking?" I watched as my step dad rubbed his forehead in frustration.

"She called me a slut." i yelled in annoyance.

"So you punch her?"

"Uh yes Darryl, if someone calls me a slut im not going to give them a forehead kiss. Im going to punch them in the damn face."

"Carina.... you know your mom has to know about this right?"

"Go ahead, tell her." i shrugged.

"I dont want to, but i have to." he let out a sigh. "I cant keep protecting you from getting in trouble with your mother."

He lectured me for what felt like eternity before calling my mom to tell her.

"Put her on the phone." i could hear her yell.

He handed it to me and then i got my ass chewed out by my mother.

Im being suspended for 2 days so Im basically grounded for as long as i live, i cant hang out with anybody, i cant go anywhere unless its work i cant talk on the phone and im losing my car.

"You're going to drive home and thats it! You hear me?" she shouted.

At home

I spent the entire day doing homework. It was all i could do. I couldnt call a friend and talk for hours, and there was no way i was going downstairs to be face to face with my mom.

When i came home she was so angry she couldnt even look at me. She looked at me the way she looked at my father, fear and disappointment. Sometimes i feel like she sees him in me and that messed with my head. Ive spent years hating my father for who he was, but what if im like him?

"Dont go in your sister's room, shes in trouble!" I could hear my mother's voice as she walked past my door.

I let out a sigh as i cried into my pillow. 

I was being punished for no reason. If anyone should be punished it should be Noel, yeah i hit her but she was asking for it. I just know she used her lawyer of a father as a threat if i wasnt punished.

"You should really lock your window. Dont want bad guys coming in." Billy appeared at the foot of my bed with a smile on his face, until he seen i was in the middle of a crying session.