9.Somehow

9.

I need you here right now
I need you stay somehow
(Travis Atreo-Somehow)

Madi wanted to disappear. When she had called Clarke, she certainly didn't think she could cause who knows what trouble. Yes, maybe breaking into a strangers' mansion hadn't been the smartest decision of her life, but ultimately she hadn't done anything wrong. She hadn't stolen, nor broken anything. On instinct, she had decided to call Clarke. Her mother and Malachi would have done who knows to her, while Lexa... Well, she had already created enough problems to Lexa. She didn't want to cause her any more trouble. It wouldn't have been fair.

"Clarke I'm sorry, but I have to call the police."

"Rae, I'll vouch for her!" the blonde replied. She was arguing animatedly with the hostess, a girl with dark hair and clear Latin origins. Only later had Madi recognized her. Not that she had watched who knows how many movies and TV series Raven Reyes starred in, but she was still a pretty famous actress. It looked like there was bad blood between her and Clarke, for sure.

"She broke into my house!"

"And now she's gonna leave. As you can see, there's no problem." Clarke replied. The Latina rolled her eyes.

"I ask her to call her mother and I find you in front of me. I don't know how you know each other, but I'm sure you didn't give birth to her. I'm sorry, I can't help but call the police."

"Do you know what I love about you, Raven? Your incredible ability to read situations. Really, explain to me how you do it.". Raven sighed.

"Clarke, forget what happened three years ago. It has nothing to do with all this and you know it."

"Yeah, as it turned out. Years go by, but Raven Reyes never changes." Clarke replied. From afar, Madi listened to that conversation, her head bowed in shame. What had she done? And for what, then?

"Okay, you won." Raven surrendered. "I won't call the police.". Clarke breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." she said and then reached Madi. "Let's go." she exhorted the girl. There was no need for Madi to have it to be repeated twice, so she followed the actress at the exit.

"Clarke.". The blonde turned around. Raven stared at her with her hazel eyes, keeping at a proper distance. Her gaze was so sad, full of regrets.

"I know it's late, but I wanted you to know I'm sorry. I miss you so much.". Clarke bowed her head. She raised it after a while. She shook her head.

"You said it right, Rae. It's late.". And, taking Madi by the hand, she headed at the car.

________________

"What the hell were you thinking? God, I can't believe it! And you're lucky it was Raven's place, at least she's a pretty reasonable person!". Madi kept her head bowed, her gaze fixed on the car seat. Clarke had every right to be angry with her, she was aware of it. She had put a pretty big show, she knew it well.

"Madi, I'm talking to you. What's wrong with you?". The actress insisted, pulling over and turning off the car. "Madi?". The girl turned to the window. She felt such a failure.

"Madi?" Clarke called her back. There was no trace of anger in her voice anymore, just a lot of concern. Madi turned slowly, keeping her gaze bent. Concern. When did anyone ever care about her?

"Madi, hey."

"I'm sorry." the girl muttered. "We had made a bet."

"A bet?" Clarke asked, confused. Madi nodded.