27.Save Me

27.

Someone save me
(Skillet-Save Me)

"A week and a half? Are you telling me that you knew about Gloomy coming back to town a week and a half ago and didn't report it to me or Clarke?". Lexa was out of her mind. In front of her, Diana Sidney looked around, not knowing how to reply.

"Miss Woods, you have to understand that..."

"Understand?". The actress interrupted her, suddenly standing up. "What should I understand? Madi and Aden are who knows where, in the hands of a man I have tried several times to make you understand how terribly dangerous is!"

"Lexa, your wound will reopen." Clarke tried to calm her down. When she had seen her lying on the asphalt all covered in blood, she had immediately feared the worst. Luckily, the bullet had only grazed her shoulder, injuring her in a not so serious way. In any case, at the hospital Abby had had to put several stitches on her. She was discharged shortly after and now she and Clarke had come home, with the latter's mother. Anya and Raven had then picked up Adria and Ethan, to take them to a safer place, away from any paparazzi.

"Clarke is right, come sit down." doctor Griffin recommended, helping Lexa sit on the chair. The actress obeyed docilely, without protesting any further. She didn't even know what she was really feeling. Anger, panic, fear were spreading wide in her, overwhelming.

"I'm sorry." Diana Sidney muttered, bowing her head. Lexa shook her head, without answering. Abby put a hand on her healthy shoulder, to make her realize that she had to stay as quiet as possible if she wanted to prevent the stitches from bursting.

"Go away." the actress intimated, without even looking the social worker in the face. The woman nodded and, collecting her stuff, rushed to the door. She was about to open it, when someone called her. She turned around. Clarke was in front of her, her gaze hard and full of concern at the same time.

"Have you ever cared?" she asked, all of a sudden. Diana Sidney frowned, confused.

"Excuse me?"

"Have you ever cared about Madi?"

"Well, of course." the social worker answered. Clarke stepped forward to her, impassive.

"Tell me the truth. Have you ever considered her more than a paper on your desk? Have you ever seen her as a person? Have you ever believed in her, Mrs. Sidney?". The woman shrugged.

"It's work, Miss Griffin. Do you know how many kids as Madi are there? I certainly can't worry about everyone in the same way." she replied. "On the other hand, I told Miss Woods that emancipation would have been the best choice. I don't really understand why she wanted to take care of that girl.". Clarke burst out laughing, nervously. She shook her head and clenched her fists, forcing herself not to do anything she would have regretted later.

"What happened is on you, too. I hope you are aware of it" she said. "Go away, Mrs Sidney. Go away and never show up again.". And the woman could do nothing but obey.

________________

Madi looked around, trying in every way to figure out where she and Aden were in that moment. It looked like a sort of a basement, rather disbanded. They had arrived there with a hood on their heads, after Gloomy had forced them to get into the car by threatening them with a gun, the same one he had used to shoot Lexa.

Madi couldn't get rid of the image of the actress on the ground, soulless and all covered in blood. She didn't even want to wonder if her conditions were serious or worse. She couldn't. She turned to Aden, who was sitting to her right. They were both on the ground, tied to what was left of an old rusty radiator.