10.Better With You

10.

Have a lot of regrets, but there's still a lot of things I miss
[...]
Can honestly say that I'm better with you
(Ollie feat. Aleesia-Better With You)

"Aden, how was school?" Lexa asked. The boy had just returned home and looked exhausted.

"Fine, but I'm tired." he answered. "What about you? Are you okay? Did you talk to Titus again?". Lexa turned to look at Ethan. The baby was in her arms and enjoyed pulling her hair and cheeks. The actress smiled at him and kissed the tip of his nose, then turned to Aden.

"No, no Titus. I spent the day with Ethan and I would say it went well. Adria is sleeping upstairs, I have no idea what they do in kindergarten, but it must be tiring." Lexa explained. Aden nodded, an amused smile slipped at the thought of his sister. He took off his shoes and, washed his hands, went to the kitchen. He took an apple from the refrigerator and went back to the living room, biting it from time to time.

"What about Madi?" he asked.

"I have no idea. This morning she must have woken up while I was driving Adria to kindergarten, when I came back she was gone. I tried to call her, but she didn't answer." Lexa explained.

"Do you think she went back to her place?". The actress shrugged her shoulders.

"I hope so, I don't want her to wander around Los Angeles.". Aden bowed his gaze, disconsolate. He and Madi didn't have a deep relationship, they didn't know each other well. Moreover, they both had been shocked to learn of each other's existence. At the same time, however, the boy was a careful observer and had noticed how uncomfortable his sister was every time she had to return to Polis. In his heart he hoped that, for once, she would have decided to stay. The ringing of Lexa's phone brought him back from his thoughts. The actress asked him with her gaze to hold Ethan and hurried to answer. The child peered at his brother, confused by that change of person. Aden gently caressed his hair, his eyes fixed on Lexa.

"Clarke? I wasn't expecting a phone call from you."

"Neither do I." Clarke said, laughing. "But Octavia insisted. Would you like to have to dinner at her place tonight?". For a moment, Lexa feared she had a heart attack.

"Clarke, I don't... I mean, I..." she stammered.

"The idea was Octavia's. She asked me to call you just because she lost your number." Clarke explained. "It would be just me, you, Octavia and Lincoln, her boyfriend. Oh, and the kids, of course.". Lexa was speechless. Such an invitation was the last thing she expected to receive that day.

"Well, I... And Ethan, he's... I mean..."

"Don't worry about him, we'll find a solution." Clarke reassured her. Lexa rubbed her neck, undecided about what to do. On the one hand, Clarke's proposal terrified her, she didn't want to be seen by other people in that state of extreme difficulty. On the other hand, however, the idea of going out for dinner tempted her a lot. After all, she hadn't had a decent evening in over a month.

"Clarke, I... Okay, tell Octavia we're coming." she gave in. "Me, Aden, Adria and Ethan will be there at seven, okay?"

"More than okay." Clarke assured her. Lexa could notice a note of disappointment in her voice. She wondered if it was because of Madi's absence.

"Well, see you later."

"See you later." Lexa murmured, hanging up. She sat on the couch, shocked by what had just happened. She really had accepted an invitation to dinner.