Chapter 5: Surprise! -(1)

". . . Oh? It's cousin Rick."

Count Deruth walked closer to the rude guy.

He looked calm and friendly to everybody else but Clark could tell from the tightening of his dad's hold around him that Deruth was actually provoked by the previous comment.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

"Ah! Please don't misunderstand my words, Count Deruth. I was really worried about him since you're my good cousin after all! Even my son is very active at this age so I was just worried about his quietness."

Rick put on a worried smile as if he really cared about the redhead baby but Clark can clearly see how his slanted eyes curved crescent full of greed. Reading what was going through the greedy man's mind was even easier.

'Heh! If his son is incapable of being an heir, I can push mine and take over the title!'

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Unfortunately for him, the Henituse knew better.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

"Why thank you for your concern, cousin. But my son is perfectly fine. You see, he is simply shy around strangers and wasn't used to the loud environment," Count Deruth joked with a laugh.

"Plus, I don't recall asking for your opinion about how to care for my own children, did I?"

His intent however, was clearly passed to the rude guy.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

'S-Shit!' Rick sweats and laughs nervously. He even stammers on his words as he tries to laugh it off.

"O-oh... Is that so? Then I guess I worried for no reason then, ahaha..."

'This bastard! I'll definitely get you next time!'

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Rick babbled some more before heading off to nowhere on his own. His feet thumped aggressively, obviously frustrated that he couldn't use the fault of the quiet baby to ridicule Count Deruth's name.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Meanwhile, still perched on Deruth's arms, Clark's eyes danced in amusement throughout their whole conversation.

'So, lil' Ricky over there is one of the collateral families that coveted Count Deruth's wealth. Better keep my eyes on him then.'

He registered the name into his personal blacklist. Can't have people getting in his way later now, can't he?

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

'Anyway, none of the nobles here, aside from the Northeastern Nobles and Viscount Tolz, appeared in the web novel.'

Clark assumed so as he swept his eyes across the many aristocratic people around him. He noticed that other than the four houses that he had mentioned, most of the people here are non-recognizable.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

'To the left, right by the stairs is the House of Viscount Tess. They are a family of 7. The husband married 3 wives and they each gave birth to one child.

According to what people said, Viscount Tess is biassed towards his third wife, resulting in the envy of the other two wives.

Aside from their internal conflict, the Viscount himself is averagely responsible for his land.'