Chapter 6: Surprise! -(2)

Previously on FRL ch.5;

"Mommy is pregnant!! Yeay~!"

The reactions of the twins were, to say the least, quite refreshing.

A single intelligent thought crossed the twins' mind at that moment.

'Huh?'

===========

There was a brief silence on the tea table. Nobody made any sound. The mother and the attendants were waiting quietly for the twins' reactions to settle down.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

"Mo-Mommy is?! So I'm gonna be a big sister?"

The one to recover first was Clara because when the news finally seeped in, she was instantly elated for her mother.

Clark recovered soon afterwards and placed his teacup down, albeit almost knocking it off. He took in a deep breath and spoke with a smile after that;

"Congratulations, Mom. How long has it been?"

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

"Hehe~ it's been five weeks now. Of course, your Dad knew about it too. We waited for a while before telling both of you about this!"

Jour looked the most excited. How can she not? Doctors had told her that with her weak body, she might not be able to bear another child.

Although secretly, Clark knew that his mother could carry another child just fine. How else is Cale Henituse supposed to exist if not from his mother?

Clark was just taken off guard because he had actually forgotten that Cale Henituse wasn't born yet. He had been waiting for five years so he naturally forgot about it.ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

"Are you two as excited as I am? You should treat your new dongsaeng kindly, okay?"

Countess Jour practically glowed, prompting the viewers to squint their eyes slightly. 

The twins easily agreed to her and went as far as promising her that they will protect the baby in her with all their might.

They got off their seats and hugged their mother with care. Both twins rubbed their faces eagerly on her stomach, trying their best to express their love.

Jour laughed as she patted their heads in adoration. These days she's been laughing a lot huh? She looked back to her children with a serene smile before glancing furtively at her son.

A red glint flashed in her eyes in a single blink before it was gone. Her lips quivered ever so slightly.

'That's–'

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

"Sure."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Pardon?"ㅤㅤㅤ'That's it?'

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Clark stared at his father's face, searching for any signs of lies or hesitancy.

"I said 'sure'. You two can study swordsmanship if you want but make sure to do it with utmost commitment. As for magic lessons, you need to be tested if you have the aptitude for mana control first."