Chapter 9: His rings

It is the new year's spring, a common season for happiness and gratitude for a lot of people.

To the servants of the Henituse Estate, happiness is being able to serve their cute and lovely little young masters at any given time. Ask them the definition of joy and they'll say it's the Henituse children.

The knights too had their healthy share of endorphins whenever the young twins would visit the training grounds for their swordsmanship practice. The sight of two noble children being diligent in their work out regimes really sparked their motivations to become even stronger. Strong enough to protect the precious happiness of their home.

Nothing was wrong and everything was right.

… Except that it wasn't, for a certain someone.

"Nnooo!"

A loud and desperate scream travelled along the west side of the estate where the playroom of the Henituse children was at. The servants around, naturally, recognised who the voice belonged to as it had become common for them to hear it every weekend.

"Oh come on, Baby-ya! It's only for a bit~"

"Noooooooo! Don' wanna!" 

"My Cale, won't you stay still just a tiny bit? Mommy promised you'll look good, baby!"

"Waahhh! Nhoo! Hiungg!"

The small child hastily pried off the hands of his mom and Noona to run– or more accurately, to toddle off to his hyung's side in a desperate attempt to escape the two female members of his family.

'Like hell I'm gonna let myself wear T-THAT PINK PUFFY DRESS!! Last time you guys made me wear animal onesies!!'

His mind shouted with great hate as he desperately clung to his hyung's pristine white shirt. If he wants to escape from those mischievous ladies then he'll have to rely on this boy's mercy no matter what!

'My kind Hyung, you won't let this poor brother of yours suffer that humiliation, right? Right?'

Cale gazed sadly with his big teary eyes at his hyung, knowing full well that the older boy can read his desperation like the mind reader that he is. Call him dramatic but he had never, ever, remembered wearing any sort of dresses before and he was not about to let himself commit that embarrassing act!

<•>

}–·•♦•·–{

<•>

Whilst the littlest one complained his little mind away, the eldest studied the child in his arms curiously.

'Is it so bad to wear a dress?' he wondered.

Still, seeing his dongsaeng turned sour-faced at the idea of even wearing a girly hairclip did make him look at his mother and sister with a downcaste look.

"I don't think it's good to force him, Mom. How unfortunate that we can't make him try it on even after you went out of your way to specially book it."

'–!'

The baby flinched inwardly at his hyung's genuinely disheartened words. Clark's droopy cat eyes only served to add uneasiness in him before he froze at his noona's next words.

"Aw shucks... Mommy even went to get a second order for us to have matching dresses as Cale's, right?"

. . .(o×o;⁠)

Slowly (and unwillingly), Cale looked back to see Clara pouting while looking at the, ahem-, maybe slightly beautiful dress.

From what the twins said, it seems that his mom had actually put some great effort into getting this dress tailored.