Chapter 12: Breaking down yet again

When the redheads arrived at the entrance, the servants had already lined themselves up in two lines to greet the second head of the house.

""Good afternoon, young masters!""

Every servant bowed in sync towards the Henituse children, in their minds wondering why these children came to the manor entrance.

"Good work, everyone." The eldest, who is turning eight this year, greeted them back with his usual mild and soft tone.

His facial expression is still the same as ever but the servants never minded that. Their young master's personality just showed them that he is mature and capable enough to lead the good future of this household just like their current and previous Masters did.

"The Countess is arriving!" An announcer shouted out. The rumblings of the carriage wheels and galloping horses made the people inside straightened up in a show of respect, getting ready to greet the Countess.

*Click, clack-*

Before the orange coloured sky and beyond the double-door entrance was the silhouette of the awaited woman that finally appeared, her steps echoed the sound of her heels clacking on the stone steps.

"Remember what I told you before? Go greet and hug her when she comes inside." Clark whispered in a hushed voice to the two smaller redheads, reminding them again of the proper way of greeting their parent.

They both nodded stiffly beside him, little hands clinging to their clothes while nervousness filling up as they waited for their mother to step into the house.

""Welcome back, Madam!""

"Yes, yes. I'm home~" The elegant lady sing-songed back in her casual manner.

Countess Drew took a sweeping glance at her servants as per usual whenever they greeted her after coming back from a business trip. The habit prevented her from noticing the two bundles of cuteness rushing towards her.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a shadow of someone running in her direction before pushing themselves to hug at her legs.

The beautiful lady almost stumbled as she let out an exclaimed, "Whoa-!"
Drew, in shock, eyed down to see who it was that tried to make her fall, only to find two round, red haired cuties smiling back at her.

""Welcome home, Mommy! We missed you so much! Hihihi~!""

It was her sweet daughter and her cutie youngest son, giggling cheerfully with a wide silly grin on their faces.

'What-'
Her mind spoke but before she even finished her thought, another voice reached her ears.

"Welcome home, Mom. We're glad you made it back home safely." It was her eldest turn to welcome her home. Polite and gentle as he was, he sauntered closer and joined his siblings to encapsulate her in a huge hug, stunning her speechless.

Some of the servants around them let out a gasp while the others had wide eyes. For as long as they have served nobles, this was a very rare sight for them to come by. To see such honest and open acts of love from noble children to their parents... It was something close to abnormal in the nobility world.

While some children might have a close relationship with their parents, most children did not share a mutual feeling. No matter how young or old they were, conflicts between siblings will always arise.
That was why these particular Henituse children's lovely action caught them off-guard.

At the same time, something in Drew welled up at her children's actions. She was only away for three days yet she had missed her children so badly during those days. It wouldn't be a lie to say she had not expected this pleasant surprise as soon as she got home. She thought that they would see each other at dinner time the earliest, since it was already late noon.