Chapter six | The next day.

Narrator POV

Lauren woke up bright and early the next morning.

Last night around ten, she received a call from Olivia's mom who thanked Lauren for watching over her daughter. Although Lauren wanted to have a talk about Olivia with the woman, she decided to set up a schedule for that type of conversation another day.

She goes out of her room and makes her way over to where Olivia was sleeping peacefully in Camila's bedroom.

Not wanting to make to much noise, She quietly walks over to the bed and crouches down so she was facing the sleeping little girl.

"Wakey, Wakey" she cooed, giving the youngster gentle pats on her hair. "It's time to wake up Olivia"

Olivia stirs around uncomfortably before rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, only for her to make  Lauren grab her wrist gently not wanting the young girl to make her eyes sore.

"Don't do that to your eyes, angel. We don't want them to get sore, do we now?" Lauren questions with a raised eyebrow

"No Ms. Jauregui" she tells the older women bashfully.

"Good. Now, let's get dressed so we can have some breakfast" she advised the girl before reaching out  for her hand.

Last night, Lauren had borrowed Olivia one of her oversized shirts so she could wash the girls clothes for the next day.

If Olivia was the same age as Camila, she would've not had to bother doing any laundry for the girl.

"Ms. Jauregui, am I going home today?" Olivia questions her teacher curiously

"Yep. Your mom messaged me this morning to let me know she was going to pick you up." Lauren informs the girl while taking out the girls clothes out of the dryer machine.

"I wish I could stay longer. I really like being here, Ms. Jauregui." Olivia assures her with a smile.

"Well I like you being here too but, your mom must really miss you and you probably miss her too" Lauren tells her sincerely.

Lauren then guides the young girl over to the bathroom so she could get dressed.

Lauren checks the time.

8:22.

At that time, she has to get Camila ready for kindergarten. She sighs heavily before entering the room where her little five year old was curled up close to Luna.

"Camila, wake up babe. Time to get ready for school" Lauren shakes the girl a few times before Camila flutters her eyes open.

"Mama I don't want too..." Camila whines

"No no, Camila. I need you to stop whining and get up before you are late for school" Lauren says in a stern voice.

"Please mama, I don't want to go" she is now sitting up on the bed, signaling that she is serious about not wanting to go.

"I don't care if you don't want to go. When I say you do something, you do it whether you like it or not"

"But mama-

"Camila stop. Why is it that every day you don't want to go, hmm? Give me one reason" Lauren demands crossing her arms while tapping her foot on the hard wood floor urging for an answer from her five year old.