Chapter nineteen | Safe in my arms.

Narrator POV

"M-mama?" the tiny voice said.

"Hi honey, how are you?" Lauren said as she held her baby's hand. "I'm...tired" she said

Lauren smiles weakly as she wipes a tear from the corner of her eye. "How about your arm?" she asked as she lightly tapped on Camila's pink cast

"It feels...bad" she responded with tears building up on her eyes. "Shh, my love it's okay" Lauren said once Camila lets out a sob.

It broke Lauren's heart to pieces seeing and hearing her baby being in pain.

"Mila...hi honey" Dinah finally said nervously.

Camila turns to look at Dinah who had a teddy bear with a red bow tied around it's neck that said 'I love you'

"I know your arm isn't feeling okay right now but...Bonnie Bear will help make you and your arm better" she said placing the teedy bear close to Camila. " I hope you like it" she smiled kneeling down.

Camila studies the teddy bear as she felt a warm hand touch her tear stained face.

"It's going to be okay baby" Dinah said softly. Camila looks back at the bear as she grabbed him with her other hand and cuddled with him closely.

"Thank you" she said.

"No problem"

"Are you feeling hungry?" Lauren asked nuzzling close to Camila. "Yes"

"What do you want mama to get you, hm?"

Camila thought for a moment before making her decision. "McDonald's"

She replied as lauren giggled. "Anything for my baby" Lauren said kissing her cheek.

______________________________________

6:05pm

Dr. Morison said that Camila would be just fine to return home that evening.

Dr. Morison also gave Lauren instructions on how to help with Camila's arm and ankle.

Since Camila was going to have trouble walking on her ankle and doing the daily things on her own, Lauren was given the option to have Camila on a wheelchair or without. Lauren chose not to have the wheelchair as she insisted she could manage taking care of Camila without it.

Another thing that Dr. Morison suggested for Lauren was to put Camila in pull-ups during the night, that way Camila wouldn't have complications when needing the go to the bathroom. Lauren agreed to do so since she knew her five year old still needed help when getting properly dressed. What makes her think that Camila could manage going to the bathroom on her own?

"Ready my love?" she asked as she bucked up. "Yeah mama" camila replied as she cuddled close with Bonnie.

Lauren nods as she pulled away from the parking lot and drove straight out of the hospital. "Mama, why auntie leave?"

"She had to leave because she had to pick up Mani. She will back at the house once we het there though" she smiled

"Okay" Camila nooded. "I miss Mani"

"I'm sure you do bebe'' Lauren said turning left

A few minuted passed and Camila was already passed out on her carseat.

Lauren had just arrived at Walmart to grab Camila the pull-ups Dr. Morison suggested she'd get for Camila.

she opens the back door of the car as she ducks in to gently wake the girl up.