Chapter ten | Weekend.

Lauren's POV. * days later *

Today is Saturday and it was currently 12:30 in the afternoon.

I was in the kitchen setting the table up so Camila and I could have some lunch together. I was thinking about inviting Dinah and Normani over for dinner later tonight since it's been awhile since I've seen both of them.

"Camila! Dinner is ready now!" I say aloud to my daughter who was upstairs in her room drawing.

After a few seconds, I hear little footsteps come in the kitchen room. "Hi mama" Camila greets me with a tiny smile.

"Hello, my love. Are you ready to eat? I wondered placing a few napkins down on the table.

"Yes please" she said taking a seat on one of the chairs that were on the left side of the table.

"Okay love, here you go" I say placing a small plate of food on the table for her. "Do you want apple juice or grape juice?" I ask

"Apple please" she simply tells me. I then go over to the fridge and take out the grape juice, pouring it into her pink Minnie Mouse sippy cup.

"Here you go, bebe" I hand the cup over to her before she takes it willingly

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Here you go, bebe" I hand the cup over to her before she takes it willingly. "Thank you, mama"

"No problem, angel" I take a seat beside her and help her cut the chicken into smaller pieces that way it will be easier for her to eat.

After lunch, I had Camila pick up her plate and cup so I could wash it for her. She had offered to help clean the table and the kitchen counters for me while I did the dishes. "Thank you for helping me clean up baby" I give her a grateful smile which she returned.

"You're welcome mama" she says in a small gentle voice. "Can I go finish drawing my picture now?"

"Yes baby, you can" I tell her drying my hands up with the kitchen towel " I'll be in my office if you need me okay?" She nods in agreement before running off to go back to her drawing.

As for me, I had some work to catch up on and make a few calls over to some of my student's parents. Once I'm in my office, I leave the door slightly open just so I could keep an ear out for Camila who was upstairs by herself. I then walk over to take a seat on my black office chair before opening my laptop to check for some Emails.

I scroll down a few times before I see an email that was sent to me since yesterday from Regina, Olivia's mom. I click on it before reading it.

Hi Ms. Jauregui,

I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I have to work from eight to nine on Monday through Tuesday and I don't have anyone who can help me watch Olivia while I'm gone. So do you think you could watch her for me? Please let me know and thank you

-Regina.

I took a moment to read the email before finally making my mind into replying back to her. I was more than happy to take care of Olivia for a few days
and I'm sure Camila would be okay with having someone to play with rather then being all by herself, right?