Chapter fourteen | Cuddles.

Narrator POV.

Lauren pours the hot soup into Camilas bowl along with a side of white rice and some apple juice.

She carefully placed the bowl of soup in a wooden tray that way it will be easier for her to take it up to her. Olivia was fast asleep in the living room which was good so Lauren could spend some time taking care of Camila while she was sick.

She pushes the door open with her door before entering the room where her sleeping little girl was curled up close to her blanket. Lauren places the tray down in on the night stand before reaching out to touch Camilas forehead which was still pretty warm.

"Camila" she shakes her daughter gently. "Wake up bubba" Camilas eyes start to slowly open making Lauren smile "Hi love. How do you feel?" She said taking a seat by Camila "Not good" Lauren nods

"I made you some soup since you didn't eat your lunch" Lauren informs. "If you want I can help feed you for a bit" she says caressing her cheek. "Okay" she said finally being able to agree without being afraid Olivia would tease her for it.

Lauren nods before climbing up on the bed while adjusting her In-between her legs and making sure her head was comfortable by allowing her head to rest down on her chest.

Lauren blows the chicken broth on the spoon before feeding it into Camilas mouth carfully. "Is it good?"
Camila nods her head before another spoonful of broth was placed inside her mouth.

After about a few more sips of chicken broth, Camila was starting to feel nauseous. "Mama no more" she shakes her head. "Why not baby? Are you full?"

"Noo. I feel like throwing up" she said curling up close up to her mama. "Do you want to go try?"
"Yes" she nods her head rather quickly while already feeling the vomit up her throat. Lauren was quick to notice Camila's face expression so she hurries over to the bathroom and quickly situates Camila over the toilet bowl.

Camila let's out a gag before liquid-like vomit comes out of her mouth. "Let it out baby. It's okay" lauren assures the small child while pulling her hair back.

Camila's throat was burning and her so was her eyes with hot tears the fell down cheeks. Lauren the picks her up and takes her over to the sink to rinse off her mouth and face. "Good girl." She praised her little girl. "You did good, love." She then grabs a small towel to wipe of her face. "You okay, bubba?"

"Uh-huh" Camila nods slightly against her mamas chest. "Okay, good." She says letting out a sigh of relief. "Let's go back to bed and mama will stay with you this time so we can cuddle and maybe watch a movie or something, yeah?" Camila only nods not having the strength to speak.

Lauren climbs up the bed once more with Camila in her arms and covers both of them up with the blanket. "What movie do want to watch, love?"

"I don't know" Camila murmured looking down. "Hey, what's wrong?" Lauren wondered once she sees a tear fall down Camilas cheek. She pulls daughter close to her and rubs her back in circles for comfort. "Talk to me, angel. What's on you mind, hmm?" Camila only shakes her head while she cries.

"Look at me, baby" Lauren lifts up her chin "Is something hurting?" Camila shakes her head.

"Camila can you use you words please?" Camila once more shakes her head not wanting to talk to anyone.

"I can't help you if you don't communicate with me." Lauren wipes the young girls tears and gives a sweet kiss on the forehead. "It's gonna be okay, chiquita"
(Little one) "I've got you and I'm not letting go" she gives the girl a small squeeze and another kiss

Why is she so upset? Thought Lauren.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9:35 PM

Lauren looks down at her watch and then back out at the window spoting no sigh of Olivia's mom. She lets out a heavy sigh before turning over to Olivia.

"Is my mommy still coming to get me, Ms. Jauregui?

Lauren crouches down so she could be at the same height level as Olivia. "I think so hun. She is probably stuck in traffic but let me give her a call and see, okay?" Olivia nods with a smile. "Okay"

Lauren dials Regina's number before a voice was heard on the phone line.

"Hello?"

"Hi Regina how's it going?"

"Oh hey Lauren it's going good I'm on my way like in five minutes"

"Alright good Olivia was starting to get abit worried" Lauren chuckled

"Oh my por baby. I do apologize Lauren but I was abit stuck in traffic"

"No worries Regina I'll be here waiting"

"Perfect. See ya Lauren."

Lauren then presses the red button on her phone before placing it down on the kitchen counter.

"Your mom is coming in about five minutes, Olivia"

"Okay Ms. Jauregui" she responded as usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9:41 PM

"Thank you so much for watching over her for me." Regina said kindly

"It's no big deal Regina. If I could I would keep her here forever" she said honestly. "I think I could stay here forever too, Miss" Olivia chuckled.

"Well, have a good a night, Lauren" Regina said opening the front door. "Thank you and you too. Goodbye Olivia, I'll see in school on Thursday"

"Why not tomorrow Miss?" She questioned sadly. "Because Camila is sick and I have to take of her that's why" she explained reaching out to give her tickles. "Ahh! okay Miss." Olivia squealed.

"Alright now, let's go before it gets more late. Thank you Lauren and I hope your daughter feels better soon" she smiled. "Thank you Regina. See you soon"

And with that both Regina and Olivia where out of sight. Lauren let's out a sigh of relief before locking her doors completely and heading straight up stairs.

She goes to check on Camila real quick just to make sure she was doing okay. When she sees that the small child was silently sleeping, she closes the door behind her and then heads over to her own room.

She reaches out for her phone to check on some emails and messages. Her eyes go wide when she sees 5 missed calls from dinah 10 new messages from her mom and 20 emails from the school.

Oh great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi 👋 I hope you liked this short chapter:)

please comment and vote! 🗳❤️

👀