Chapter seven | Change of plans.

Regina's POV. (Olivia's mom)

I was ten minutes away from Olivia's teachers house.

Ms. Lauren Jauregui.

It's kinda embarrassing for me to have my daughter stay with people I don't even know. But because of my job, this is what I have to go through.

My husband left me when Olivia was only two years old of age. He never cared about his family or the responsibilities he had to do for me and Olivia.

I am all on my own now barely making enough money to pay rent and buy food. I wish I could do something for my life and Olivia's to be better but I don't think I can.

I park my small blue car beside Ms. Jauregui's gray Ford, unbuckling my seatbelt and heading over to the front door knocking a few times before the door swings open.

"Hey, you must be Olivia's mom" the young woman says.

"Hello, yes I'm her mother, it's nice to meet you"  I take my hand out of my pocket and reach out to shake her hand.

"Please, come in." She says giving me a warm smile.

"Thank you" I stepped inside and looked around to see if my daughter was anywhere to be found.

Ms. Jauregui then leads me over to her living room where the sounds of cartoon characters were heard from the TV.

"Mommy!" Olivia runs over to where I was and gives me a warm embrace which I reciprocated

"Hello sweetheart, it's good to see you" I smile, pulling away from the embrace.

"I had so much fun with Ms. Jauregui, mommy" she tells me "I wish I could stay longer"

I turn to look at Ms. Jauregui and then back at Olivia.

"Maybe another day, honey. We must be going home now anyways." I tell my ten year old.

"Do you have to go back to work?" She questions, tilting her head in confusion.

"No but-

"Then we can stay a little longer!" She interrupted, bouncing up and down slightly in excitement.

"You are welcome to stay for a little bit longer if you'd like. It's no big deal" Ms. Jauregui tells me honestly.

"Well...alright then. Thank you Ms. Jauregui. I say to her.

"Please, call me Lauren instead" she says with a slight chuckle.

"Thank you Lauren. Thank you for watching over Olivia for me and for letting us stay abit."

"No problem. do you want anything to drink?" Lauren offers

"Water will do just fine Lauren. Thank you" I take a seat down on Lauren's black leather couch and hold Olivia close to me.

After waiting for a few seconds, Lauren returns with a glass of cold ice water in her hand.

"Here you go..." Lauren trails off

"Regina" I simply say, taking the glass of water from her hand.

Lauren simply nods before taking a seat next to me and Olivia. I take a few sips of my water before I speak again, breaking the awkward silence.

"Is this your child?" I ask referring to a picture of a little girl with a blue dress and a bow on her long brown hair.

"Mhmm. Her name is Camila" she responded softly making me smile at how cute the little girl looked.

"She is very lovely" I tell her sincerely. She nods her head agreeing.

"Thank you. So is yours." She teases making Olivia's cheeks turn bright red.