Chapter nine | Apologies.

Narrator POV / Lauren's POV.

The next day, Lauren woke up around 8:45 in the morning. Since Ally had told her to stay home today she didn't bother setting an alarm for her usual time last night. Lauren doesn't get up right away but stays awake staring at the sealing while thousands of thoughts ran through her head at all once. 

She then hears a squeaky noice come from across the room, making her come back to reality she lifts her head up from her pillow and stares straight over where her bedroom door was slightly open and a small figure who was standing right behind it was peeking inside the room who seemed to be looking for her mama.

"Camila? Whats wrong bebe?" Lauren then sits up looking over to where her five year old was still standing.

"Mama" she whispered, walking over a few steps away from the door. " We have to get ready for kindergarten or we will be late" she says in a worried tone.

Lauren sighs softly before giving the small child a warm smile.

"Come here, love. I want to talk to you for a moment" she pats down on the bed softly signaling for her little girl to come and sit beside her.

Camila hesitates at first but when she sees that her mama had a pleading look on her face, she cautiously walks over to her and climbs up the bed with a little help from her mama.

Lauren then pulls the small girl close to her and gives her a loving kiss on the top of her head.

"So, you don't have to worry about being late for school because you're not going today, baby" Lauren tells her, stroking her cheek with her pointer finger.

"Why not? Did I so something wrong?" She looks at me with a fearful look that made my heart beak into pieces.

"No angel, no. Why would you even think that, hmm?" I say cupping her cheek with my hand.

She doesn't respond making me frown and feel disappointed in myself because I made my little girl think like this. I made her cry and I made her feel like she did something wrong. I made her feel scared instead of making her feel safe and loved. I broke my promise. I failed as a mother.

"Baby. Please look at me." I tell her gently caressing her cheek and giving her a lingering kiss on her forehead before speaking again. "Last night Ally told me about what had happened when I came back home from work and she told me it happend because of what you told her about yesterday in the morning." I say looking at her in the eyes.

I small tear falls down my own cheek before I wipe it away with the back of my hand.

"Well, I yelled at you and I wasn't being very much of a responsibile mother towards you either. I put my anger out on you and I made you think you did something wrong when it was me who was doing wrong and for that I apologize baby" she looks at me straight in the eyes before reaching out to wipe a tear that had fallen down my right cheek without me even realizing.

"I'm so sorry angel. It was a bad mistake and it was just unforgivable especially when I yelled at you like I did" I take her hand in mine and give it a quick kiss before pulling her for a hug "I can't promise you I won't do it again but I can promise you I'll try and be more gentle next time"

"Its okay mamá. I forgive you" she tells me sweetly "please don't cry no more" she says, shaking her head no

"I won't baby. I'm okay now and thank you" I give her one last hug before turning to face her. "I love you so much. With all my heart and with all of my soul." I peck her lips innocently before smiling warmly. "You're my angel baby, Camila"

"And you are my angel mama" she says making me chuckle at her response. "I love you mama"

"I love you too, mi corazón (my heart)" I then just take a moment to hold her in my arms, rocking her back and forth lovingly for comfort.

"Mama can you sing me a song?" My little five year old asks.

"Of course, my love." I take a deep breath before singing one of my favorite songs to her.

"Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

For one so small
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here don't you cry

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more
You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart
Always
Always...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Lauren finished the song, Camila was already sound asleep in her mothers arms. Her small frame all curled up close to her and small kitten snores where heard from the small child. Lauren leans down and places a sweet lingering kiss on her forehead before gently placing her to the side to lay down. She grabs her soft blue blanket to cover up her little girl.

Even though it was around nine in the morning Lauren didn't mind walking up more later in the day and after all it was her day off so spending a good amount of time sleeping would do her some good anyways. She then allows herself to lay down next to the sleeping girl on the opposite side of the bed.

She caresses the youngsters cheek a few times before her eyes began to feel heavy and her breathing was starting to slow down a bit. Not long after Lauren was already fast asleep next to Camila, her arms wrapped securely around her daughters body while both of their foreheads were touched together.

And then finally everything was nice perfect....for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

🥲

Hey everyone! I hope you liked this short chapter :) Hehe.

please let me know what you think so far 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷and please vote 🗳

Name of the song: You'll be in my heart by Phil Collins. 🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷