~C H A P T E R XVIII~

658 words

'Snape's office'

y/n pov

I followed the rest of my class in the great hall to see Dumbledore standing at his podium waiting to deliver.
We all took our places at house tables and i soon found the rest of my friend group who had saved a seat for me.

"Settle down students"
He broke out, tapping his wand against his chin using it as a mic.

"This'll be good"
Pansy squealed leaning into my ear earning a smile from me in return.

"As you are all aware, Yule ball is only a few weeks away. Some of you may already have partners to go with. But before hand, the tournament's will be taking place. Don't forget names shall be picked soon."

As Dumbledore continued to ramble on, my eyes grew heavy and my head fell light. This bored me more than listening to Blaise' stories. And that's saying something.

———————

Eventually, my eyes fluttered open to a firm grip on my arm shaking it forwards and back.

"What?"
I grumbled. Snapping my head to the left furious as to who woke me up.

"Miss Taylor. My office. Now"

Professor Snape directed, his deep eyes starring through to my soul sending feared shivers up my spine.

I picked myself up from the bench table and followed the man down the hall isle checking back behind me to see Dumbledores disappointed expression. Following my gaze round, my site landed on Draco who had puffed his cheeks out like a chipmunk as his eyes pooled with tears attempting to not burst out with laughter. The spot next to him was empty though? I swear it wasn't before.

Snape flung his office door open and span to face me.

"Sit"

His tone stayed steep as he hovered by the door waiting for me to enter the room. I sat at my usual seat and hung my head low trying to avoid awkward contact with the professor.

"Psst"

A voice muttered from the back of the room.

"The fuck did you do now, Y/n"

Astoria questioned with a lazy tone, hoping Snape wouldn't catch her talking to me from his master chair at the front of the room.

"Fell asleep. What are you doing here?"

I spoke back, matching her concerned energy.
It's not like her to seem so concerned, she's usually the giggly one when we're in trouble. Probably why no one really likes her, she always sells us out with her deafening laugh.

"Oh, i guess you were asleep, Erm i hate to be the one to say it but someone has to tell you, poor thing"

She inched closer to me, checking to see if Snape had spiked his head to look at us talking.

"What's up?"
I phrased in an unfazed manner, attempting to lighten the serious mood.

"Mattheo kissed Pollen Irwin"

She frowned, her eyes squeezing into a pitiful look.

"He did?"
I mumbled. I don't know if it really hurt me. I don't know if i'm just putting it on for Astoria. I just want to know why he would do that when we had an agreement.

"And then i slapped him. In the middle of Dumbledores speech. Which is why i'm here."
She added, using her hands to gesture when she was adding a sentence.

I stayed silent not knowing what was next.
Mattheo was the one who came up with this idea and now he's throwing it all away? He's throwing me all away.

"You alright babe?, boys suck"

She whispered, spitting the last part as she lent forward more trying to reach my shoulder from her seat.

"Yeah i'm fin-"

"If i hear one more word i will make sure you girls are scrubbing floors the night Yule ball takes place"

An almighty gulp escaped Astorias mouth as she swooped herself back into her chair and refused to make any more eye contact with me. This ball really does mean a lot to her.

A/n-

(TW for the next chapter)