~C H A P T E R XXVI~

1318 words

'Needing Answers'

Mattheo pov

"Theo, protect her, at all costs, that's my best friend y'know"
Draco's eyes began to water as he removed his hand from my shoulder and placed both into his grey joggers pocket. He dresses like such a roadman for parties it amuses me.

"I won't stop until she's safe"
I replied. Taking my hand and teasing him by tapping his cheek. Y/n doesn't know how much i care about her, she just thinks i'm in this for our deal, and honestly, i don't even know how she feels about me. None of that matters though. All that matters is that Y/n stays away from any death eater!

I brought myself away from my friend and took another take at speeding down the stair case leading to the common room.

"Hey"
An unfamiliar voice spoke over the top of the music as their hand tapped me on the back.

I span around to be unpleasantly surprised by a dumb boy swinging his fist in my face. Of course he missed. Do you really think i'm going to let some pathetic student punch me? No!

"Blaise what the fu-"
I tried before he grabbed my collar and took another attempt at insulting me. However, this time, i took hold of his hand before it could reach my untouched face and snapped his wrist to the side, hearing a click echo loudly.

"You cunt"
The boy cried releasing my hoodie and comforting his broken wrist whilst rolling around on the floor in agony attracting a crowd.

"Blaise? Blaise what happened?"
A teen i wanted to see more than anything piped up from the stair case getting the Dj's attention which caused the music to stop. Great, more eyes on the situation.

The girl hurried over to the injured teenager not even noticing my presence.

"Fuck you Riddle"
The boy whined continuing to stretch all around the floor as Y/n kneeled down beside him looking up at me.

"Really?"
Her tone didn't seem mad, Just disappointed.

"He swung at me!"
I fired back just before a cold hand grabbed my arm pulling me away from the crowd.

———————

Jett pov

"The fuck are you doing? Don't try and stand up for yourself! She's suppose to hate your guts!"
I reminded the pathetic excuse of a riddle and shoved him back against the wall.

"Trust me, she already does"
His expressions dulled as he dropped his head down to the ground and didn't even bother to pick up a fight. Not like him at all?

Oh no. Don't tell me he has feelings for her. This really can't be happening.

"Oi Riddle"
I snapped him out of his daze by flicking his forehead harshly.

"You and i need to have a little chat"
My tone was cruel and intimidating, attempting to get an impression in his head that he won't make it without a fight. But much to my surprise, he didn't seem to care about my tone, such a typical riddle.

———————

Y/n pov

I rushed Blaise to the medical wing not knowing what in hell had just happened other than the basics, my baby daddy fucking snapped his wrist.

This is why i cant go through with this. He's a psycho!

The lady took Blaise in and sat him on a medical bed taking a good look at how bad his wrist is and informing me that it would take 5 months to fully heal with a bit of luck.

"Thank you"
I smiled at the lady and headed over to Blaise where i discussed with him what had happened.

"Look before you get mad at me, i know he's your boyfriend n all but he's a Riddle Y/n, you really think he'll stay?"
The wounded wizard spoke, looking at me with sorrow as if this is all Mattheo's fault. Which it's not. It's my fault too.

As much as i hate to say it, there's some part of me that feels like we're more than just a fake couple with a 'deal'.
I hope we're more than that. I care about him Mattheo. Which is why i need to talk to him about this.

"I need to find him"
I emotionlessly spat, heading out of the medical wing and searching the grounds for the tall brunette boy.

——————

Mattheo Pov

Jett tugged me into my dorm room and forced me to look at him.

"Will you tell anyone...what i'm about to say?"
His face looked worried, sort of serious for once, and not like he's going to try and kill me.

"No. Only if it's worth knowing"
I replied with intrigue, wanting to know what's making him so serious and causing him to stutter.

"There's something only 'you know who', knows about me, but if my hunch is right, then you should know about it too"
He stuttered once more, Making literally no sense.

"Go on"
I demanded, my eye brows jointed as i took a seat at my desk chair.

"My last assignment, i had to kill a girl just like you do, but..."
He took a deep inhale before exhaling and sitting onto my bed with his head in his hands.

"I fell in love with her. I did everything i could to save her from her fate. But your Father...he... he found out"
He sighed, refusing to make any eye contact. I never knew he went through this, i've never seen such an emotional side to Jett.

"What happened when he found out?"
My heart sank as my throat got croaky. Is he making this up or is he being truthful and trying to warn me?

"He demanded someone else did it. I watched the love of my life be murdered right in front of me Mattheo."
Tears pooled his eyes as he looked up at me. He scratched the back of his head before continuing with the story.

"After that i begged for another chance to prove myself knowing that would never happen again as i couldn't love anybody else."
He took another deep breath before clearing his throat.

"I don't understand, did he give you another chance?"
I lightened my tone seeing he was upset. What? I can be nice you know.

"Yeah. But i found out it was someone who i could never bring myself to murder. So i fled. Your Father sent out teams trying to find me, but, i was afraid of what power they would hold over me."
He shook his head and tucked it back into his hands sighing heavily.

"Azkaban. You didn't get taken there...did you?"
I raised up from my seat, trying to stay content even though this was top quality gossip.

"You turned yourself in because you thought it was the best place to hide from him"
I hid a smile knowing i had just cracked it. Fucking ell i'm smart.

"You don't understand, I ruined everything. Don't make the same mistake as me, if you love her Mattheo. You know what to do"
He began, standing up and meeting my height.

"Your saying i should kill her?"
I spat, anger forming in my body ready to burst.

"What? I'm saying you need to run."
He cleared, placing a hand on my shoulder acting as if we're friends. I get it now. He's out of Azkaban...and there's no way my Father would let him off the hook. He's my dad's slave.

Without anymore commotion, he nodded at me and made his way out of my dorm room.
I need more answers! Who did he love? And who was this other person he had to kill? What made him not want to do it? And if he wants Y/n dead, why's he helping me?

Let's just hope the first tri-wizard tournament tomorrow is worth it. With this new information, i don't think anything could distract me.